1. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
4. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
8. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
12. United States baseball player (born in 1931).
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. Fallow deer.
18. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
19. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
20. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
21. An exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism.
23. United by being of the same opinion.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
28. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
29. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
32. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
34. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
36. Conforming to truth.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
41. The basic unit of money in Ecuador.
43. Highly excited.
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. Male red deer.
49. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
50. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
51. Causing great physical or mental suffering.
52. Having been read.
53. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
56. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
57. (prefix) Between or among or in the midst of.
59. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
60. Covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments.
63. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
64. Someone who sets snares for birds or small animals.
66. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
67. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
70. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
72. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
73. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
74. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. Take in solid food.
77. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
81. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
84. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
91. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
94. Not reflecting light.
95. Type genus of the Amiidae.
96. South African term for `boss'.
98. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
99. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
100. Made of fir or pine.
101. Displeasing to the senses and morally revolting.
102. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
1. A magic power or magic spell.
2. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
3. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
4. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
7. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
8. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
9. Heavy closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents).
10. A state in northwestern North America.
11. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
12. A port city in northwestern Russia on the Kola Peninsula.
13. Advanced in years.
14. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
15. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
22. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
25. A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way.
27. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
30. Chief port of Yemen.
33. The study of methods of improving genetic qualities by selective breeding (especially as applied to human mating).
35. A white solid mineral that occurs naturally as periclase.
38. Tranquilizer (trade name Ativan) used to treat anxiety and tension and insomnia.
39. A place of inviolable privacy.
40. Take the initiative and go on the offensive.
42. An impressive country house (or castle) in France.
44. A Spanish female Gypsy.
45. An employee whose duties include running errands.
47. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
54. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
55. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
58. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
61. Before noon.
62. A beta-adrenergic blocking agent (trade name Corgard) that is used to treat hypertension and angina.
65. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
68. An ability to understand a broad range of topics.
69. 32nd President of the United States.
71. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
76. Slightly open.
78. Speak in a nasal voice.
79. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
80. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
82. A toxic protein extracted from castor beans.
83. Supporting yourself on your knees.
85. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Same in identity.
88. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
89. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
90. Posing no difficulty.
92. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
93. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
97. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.