1. A doctor's degree in music.
5. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
9. Type genus of the Pipidae.
13. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
16. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. Speaking a Slavic language.
21. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
23. Move (a baby) up and down in one's arms or on one's knees.
25. German hero.
26. Informal terms for a mother.
27. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
28. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
31. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
33. A digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder.
36. A convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse.
39. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
42. A French river.
43. A small body that contains the female germ cell of a plant.
45. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
46. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
47. German physicist who studied cathode rays (1862-1947).
51. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
53. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
54. Jordan's port.
55. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
58. (British slang) Cafe.
60. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
61. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
62. The basic unit of length adopted under the System International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards).
65. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
66. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
68. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Feldene) used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
70. Like peat.
72. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
75. Before noon.
76. A doctor's degree in religion.
77. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
79. (Greek mythology) Greek god of darkness who dwelt in the underworld.
83. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
88. A Hindu prince or king in India.
91. The act of scanning.
92. United States literary critic (1905-1975).
93. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
94. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
96. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
98. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
99. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
100. A particular environment or walk of life.
101. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
102. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. Flat tableland with steep edges.
2. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
3. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
4. A drafting instrument resembling a compass that is used for dividing lines into equal segments or for transferring measurements.
5. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
6. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
7. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
8. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
9. A point located with respect to surface features of some region.
10. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
11. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
14. Look at with amorous intentions.
15. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
22. Large snake mackerel with rings like spectacles around its eyes.
24. An iron with considerable loft.
29. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
30. A substance made of fused alumina.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. Cause to combine with iodine.
35. Presence of excess lipids in the blood.
37. One of the first artificial language constructed for use as an auxiliary international language.
38. Kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting.
40. Locked in by ice.
41. Disposed or placed in a particular kind of order.
44. Upright in position or posture.
48. Atypically small.
49. An awkward stupid person.
50. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
52. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
56. United States inventor of a dry-plate process of developing photographic film and of flexible film (his firm introduced roll film) and of the box camera and of a process for color photography (1854-1932).
57. An associate degree in applied science.
59. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
63. A newt in its terrestrial stage of development.
64. A member of the Finno-Ugric-speaking people living in eastern European Russia.
67. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
68. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
69. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
71. A soft silvery metallic element.
73. The Latin name for England.
74. Of or belonging to an aecium.
78. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
79. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
80. Tall and thin and having long slender limbs.
81. British composer (1857-1934).
82. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
83. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
84. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
85. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
86. Indicating the most important performer or role.
87. Being nine more than forty.
89. Relating to or characteristic of Jainism.
90. On or toward the lee.
95. Unknown god.
97. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.