1. Your general store of remembered information.
4. Work hastily or carelessly.
9. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
13. The residue that remains when something is burned.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
18. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
19. A column of light (as from a beacon).
20. (informal) Roused to anger.
21. United States rock singer whose many hit records and flamboyant style greatly influenced American popular music (1935-1977).
23. (usually plural) The state of having reflex spasms of the diaphragm accompanied by a rapid closure of the glottis producing an audible sound.
25. By bad luck.
27. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
29. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
30. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
32. A branch of the Tai languages.
34. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
36. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
40. Austrian writer (1881-1942).
43. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
44. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
46. Being one more than one.
47. A form of address for a man.
48. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
50. An unfortunate happening that hinders of impedes.
53. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
55. The 18th letter of the Greek alphabet.
56. Pay back.
57. A commercial center and river port in western Germany on the Rhine River.
58. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
59. Any substance that can be used as food.
62. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
63. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
65. A strong emotion.
66. A long-playing phonograph record.
67. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
69. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
72. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
73. Exultantly proud and joyful.
77. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
80. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
81. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
85. The act of scanning.
88. A native or inhabitant of Australia.
91. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
95. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
96. Plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson).
97. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
99. A decree that prohibits something.
100. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
101. The beginning of anything.
102. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
4. Standard temperature and pressure.
5. British filmmaker (born in Hungary) (1893-1956).
6. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
7. (informal) Foolish.
8. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
9. One or some or every or all without specification.
10. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
11. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
13. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
14. A member of the Algonquian people living in Wisconsin the Fox River valley and the shores of Green Bay.
15. Blatant or sensational promotion.
22. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
24. Common towhee of eastern North America.
26. A deep bow.
28. 10 grams.
31. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
33. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
35. Made a norm or custom or habit.
37. Not according with the facts.
38. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
39. A port and fashionable resort city on southern Mexico's Pacific coast.
41. Burst inward.
42. The father of your father or mother.
45. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
49. Small genus of dioecious tropical aquatic plants.
51. Mexican city on the Bay of Campeche.
52. A state in east central United States.
54. A nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens.
60. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
61. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
64. One of the proteins into which actomyosin can be split.
68. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
70. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
71. An honorary arts degree.
74. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
75. The commonest type of solidified lava.
76. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
78. An oil port in southern Iraq.
79. Being on the outside or further from a center.
82. Jordan's port.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
86. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
87. An elaborate song for solo voice.
89. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
90. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
92. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
93. Select as an alternative.
94. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
98. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.