1. A desert in central Asia.
5. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
9. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
13. Uncastrated adult male sheep.
16. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
17. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
18. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
19. The universal time coordinated when an event is received on Earth.
20. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
22. White goods in which food can be stored at low temperatures.
25. Decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold.
26. God of wealth and love.
27. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
28. South American shrub having edible greenish plumlike fruit.
30. Canadian literary critic interested in the use of myth and symbolism (1912-1991).
32. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
42. The capital and largest city of Wales.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
47. Regional and archaic.
51. A very small circular shape.
52. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
53. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
54. A city in northwestern Turkey.
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
60. Based on or arising from the possession of money or wealth.
62. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
65. United States poet and critic (1899-1979).
66. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
67. A large family of dicotyledonous plants of order Rosales.
70. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
71. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
73. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
74. Being five more than one hundred seventy.
76. The range within which a voice can be heard.
80. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
84. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
86. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
89. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
90. On or toward the lee.
91. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
96. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
97. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
99. A boy or man.
100. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
101. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
102. Flesh of any of various freshwater fishes of the families Centrarchidae of North America or Cyprinidae of Europe.
103. Ulcerated chilblain on the heel.
104. The habitation of wild animals.
1. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
2. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
3. A vigorous blow.
4. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
5. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
6. A state in northwestern North America.
7. A vehicle resembling a bicycle but having skis instead of wheels.
8. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
9. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
10. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
11. Informal terms for a difficult situation.
12. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
13. Any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts.
14. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
15. A major god.
21. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. The willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person.
29. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
31. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
33. The levorotatory form of dopa (trade names Bendopa and Brocadopa and Larodopa).
34. A person of subnormal intelligence.
36. Of or relating to or made from a ceramic.
37. In bed.
38. An informal term for a father.
40. A salt or ester of maleic acid.
41. Wearing or provided with clothing.
43. A Muslim or Hindu mendicant monk who is regarded as a holy man.
44. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
48. Half the width of an em.
49. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
50. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
55. Merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film).
56. A Mid-Atlantic state.
58. Wild goat of mountain areas of Eurasia and North Africa having large recurved horns.
59. Tranquilizer (trade name Ativan) used to treat anxiety and tension and insomnia.
61. Having finished or arrived at completion.
63. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
64. Italian anatomist who was the first to use a microscope to study anatomy and was among the first to recognize cells in animals (1628-1694).
68. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
69. Enthusiastic approval.
72. Give in, as to influence or pressure.
75. Being ten more than eighty.
77. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
78. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
79. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
81. Having the head uncovered.
82. Lower in esteem.
83. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
85. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
87. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
88. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
92. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
93. The cry made by sheep.
95. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
98. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.