1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
5. A wine bottle made of leather.
9. Make secure by lashing.
13. An honorary degree in science.
16. A Spanish river.
17. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
18. An informal term for a father.
19. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
20. Located in or toward the back or rear.
21. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
23. A bit with a bar mouthpiece that is designed to combine a curb and snaffle.
25. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
27. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
29. Long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron.
30. Before noon.
31. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
36. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
37. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
40. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
42. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
45. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
46. A state in New England.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Any of the radiating leaflike spore-producing structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus.
53. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
55. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
56. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
58. A sudden short attack.
59. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
61. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
62. Italian painter and art historian (1511-1574).
63. Expressing pain or agony.
65. Goddess of fertility.
66. A package of several things tied together for carrying or storing.
69. Talk pompously.
70. (law) Having made a legally valid will before death.
72. Any substance that can be used as food.
75. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
77. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
78. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
82. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
85. Used especially in treating bruises.
88. Related on the mother's side.
89. Perform on a stage or theater.
92. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
94. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
95. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
96. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
98. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
99. A rapid bustling commotion.
100. The fatty flesh of eel.
101. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
102. Very dark black.
103. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
1. United States baseball player (born 1925).
2. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
3. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
4. Former name for the order Crocodylia.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
7. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
8. A number that is added to another number (the augend).
9. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
12. A formal expression of praise.
13. An educational institution.
14. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
15. Costing 10 dollars.
22. A state in midwestern United States.
24. Being four more than sixty.
26. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
28. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
32. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
33. Rich Middle Eastern cake made of thin layers of flaky pastry filled with nuts and honey.
34. Offering fun and gaiety.
35. Development of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ.
38. A conical fishnet dragged through the water at great depths.
39. Sweetened beverage of lime juice and water.
41. The event of dying or departure from life.
43. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
44. Small deciduous Asiatic tree bearing large red or orange edible astringent fruit.
49. Characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.
50. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
51. The officer who presides at the meetings of an organization.
52. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
54. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
57. In a nasty ill-tempered manner.
60. An Eskimo hut.
64. The intellectual conception of a thing as it is in itself, not as it is known through perception.
67. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
68. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
73. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
74. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
76. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
79. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
80. A short composition for a solo instrument.
81. Relieve from military service.
83. Having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky.
84. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
86. A quantity of no importance.
87. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
90. Of southern Europe.
91. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
93. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
97. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.