1. Informal terms for a mother.
4. Of a pale purple color.
9. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
13. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
16. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
17. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
18. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
19. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. Hard fiber used in making coarse twine.
22. A shrub or tree of the genus Rhus (usually limited to the non-poisonous members of the genus).
24. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
25. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
26. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
28. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
29. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
30. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
39. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
41. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
44. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
48. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
49. South African term for `boss'.
50. A particular environment or walk of life.
51. A coffin along with its stand.
54. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
56. Dye with a color.
57. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
58. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
59. A state in east central United States.
60. The condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded).
62. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
65. The act of using.
66. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
67. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
68. Make less active or intense.
70. Type genus of the Ranidae.
72. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
74. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
76. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
80. Any loose flowing garment.
82. An elementary particle responsible for the forces in the atomic nucleus.
85. Any competition.
91. An arc-shaped whitish deposit sometimes seen in the cornea.
92. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
94. A telegram sent abroad.
96. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
98. A very light brown.
100. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
101. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
102. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
103. A structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops.
104. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
105. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
106. An association of criminals.
107. A tight cluster of people or things.
108. A boy or man.
1. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
2. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
3. Large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit.
4. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
5. Not in good physical or mental health.
6. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
7. Before noon.
8. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
9. (Sumerian) Sun god.
10. Capital and largest city of Italy.
11. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
12. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
13. A state in south central United States.
14. Colloquial British abbreviation.
15. The dialect of Albanian spoken in southern Albania and in areas of Greece and Italy.
21. Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes.
23. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
31. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
33. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
34. A Hindu prince or king in India.
36. A shrub of the genus Carissa having fragrant white flowers and plumlike red to purple-black fruits.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. A spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink.
42. Of a leaf shape.
43. Widely separated especially in space.
45. Of or relating to or suitable for Lent.
46. Provide what is desired or needed, esp. support, food or sustenance.
47. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
52. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
53. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
61. A master's degree in business.
63. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
69. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
71. A loss of will power.
72. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
73. Enchanter's nightshade.
74. Before noon.
75. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
79. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
81. Hidden and difficult to see.
83. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
84. Diving ducks of North America having a bluish-gray bill.
86. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
87. A loud resonant repeating noise.
88. Back and sides of a hog salted and dried or smoked.
89. A public square with room for pedestrians.
90. King of Judea who (according to the New Testament) tried to kill Jesus by ordering the death of all children under age two in Bethlehem (73-4 BC).
93. A beckoning gesture.
95. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
97. A periodic paperback publication.
99. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.