1. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
4. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
9. Weapons considered collectively.
13. An enclosed space.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. A Finnish steam bath.
18. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
19. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
20. An animal such as a mule or burro or horse used to carry loads.
22. English writer of macabre short stories (1863-1943).
24. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
25. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
26. A shrub or tree of the genus Rhus (usually limited to the non-poisonous members of the genus).
27. An attendant who carries the golf clubs for a player.
29. An antidepressant drug that blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine.
32. Report or maintain.
38. A thermionic tube having two electrodes.
43. A state in New England.
44. An associate degree in nursing.
46. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
47. A master's degree in religion.
49. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
50. The German state.
51. The month following July and preceding September.
53. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. Small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs.
55. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
56. Of or relating to neuroglia.
59. Of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself.
61. Sweetened milk or cream mixed with eggs and usually alcoholic liquor.
64. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
65. A French river that flows through the heart of Paris and then northward into the English Channel.
70. A decree that prohibits something.
72. Showing your contempt by derision.
76. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
78. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
81. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
83. A male servant (especially a footman).
85. An accountant certified by the state.
86. Having much flesh (especially fat).
87. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) From that fact or reason or as a result.
89. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
90. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
91. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
92. Remove gas from.
93. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
94. An honorary law degree.
1. One of two pieces of armor plate hanging from the fauld to protect the upper thighs.
2. A pre-Christian priest among the Celts of ancient Gaul and Britain and Ireland.
3. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
4. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
5. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
6. A Dravidian language spoken in eastern India.
7. Not out.
8. Type genus of the Majidae.
9. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
10. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
11. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
12. Tropical African and Indian herbs.
13. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
14. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
15. Carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal.
21. An ancient city in southern Bulgaria.
23. (informal) Of the highest quality.
28. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
30. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
31. Dramatist of ancient Rome (born in Greece) whose comedies were based on works by Menander (190?-159 BC).
33. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
34. A forbidding stronghold.
35. Type genus of Liliaceae.
36. Not participating in a chemical reaction.
37. Of or relating to the head.
39. Give free rein to.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
42. Having a saddle on or being mounted on a saddled animal.
45. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
52. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
57. (Welsh myth) The other world.
58. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
60. A genus of Platalea.
62. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
63. Of inferior or mixed breed.
66. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
67. Someone who gives a strong sudden pull.
68. Writing implement consisting of a colored stick of composition wax used for writing and drawing.
69. Male hawk especially male peregrine or gyrfalcon.
71. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
73. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
74. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
75. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
77. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
79. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
80. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
82. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
84. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
85. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
88. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.