1. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
5. A loose-fitting robe of towelling.
13. Very dark black.
17. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
18. A person with a record of successes.
19. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
20. Characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
22. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
23. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
24. Inquire about.
25. Undergo resorption.
29. A police officer who investigates crimes.
30. An item of factual information derived from measurement or research.
32. Surround so as to force to give up.
37. The twelfth month of the civil year.
41. On, to, or at the top.
44. Capital of Swaziland.
46. A mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services.
47. Remove completely from recognition or memory.
50. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
51. The basic unit of money in Peru.
52. United States army officer and engineer who supervised the construction of the Panama Canal (1858-1928).
55. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
56. Being one more than fifty.
57. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
60. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
63. An informal term for a father.
64. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
66. A small piece of cloth.
67. A wind instrument.
69. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
72. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
74. Chief port of Yemen.
75. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
76. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
78. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
79. A quantity of no importance.
83. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
85. By bad luck.
87. An analgesic for mild pain.
89. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
93. Informal terms for a mother.
95. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
96. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
97. Being one more than two.
100. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
102. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
103. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
104. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
106. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
3. A number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance).
4. The herpes virus that causes infectious mononucleosis.
5. Something causes misery or death.
6. Ending in a sharp point.
7. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
8. An expression of greeting.
9. Make anew.
10. Do something to an excessive degree.
11. Perennial herb of North America.
12. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
13. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
15. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
16. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
21. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
26. A white trivalent metallic element.
27. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
28. Any of numerous superior eating apples with yellow or greenish yellow skin flushed with red.
31. The bill in a restaurant.
33. Relating to or being a member of an ethnic group.
34. A black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
35. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
36. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
38. An artificial source of visible illumination.
39. (of unknown regions) Not yet surveyed or investigated.
40. Small genus of tropical evergreen trees or shrubs having pods like those of the acacia.
42. Regional and archaic.
43. Italian chemist noted for work on polymers (1903-1979).
45. An associate degree in nursing.
48. A vest pocket to hold a pocket watch.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
53. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
54. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
58. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
61. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
62. A German machine gun.
65. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
68. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
70. The sacred city of Lamaism.
71. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
73. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
74. Perennial herb of North America.
77. Any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent.
78. The capital and largest city of Japan.
80. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
81. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
82. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
84. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
86. The habitation of wild animals.
88. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
90. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
91. Common Indian weaverbird.
92. The sixth month of the civil year.
94. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
95. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
99. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
101. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.