1. To what extent or amount or degree.
4. An elementary particle with a negative charge and a half-life of 2 microsecond.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
12. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
16. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
17. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
18. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
19. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
20. Rub elbows with.
22. (South African) An ear of corn.
24. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
25. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
26. Suitable for use as food.
29. Jordan's port.
31. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
33. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
36. Sift anew.
39. Perversely irritable.
43. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
44. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
45. Of or relating to Libya or its people.
47. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
50. Animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes.
54. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
57. Aroused to impatience or anger.
58. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
59. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
61. An overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa).
63. Not established by conditioning or learning.
64. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
66. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
67. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
68. Half the width of an em.
69. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
71. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
72. (informal) Of the highest quality.
75. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
83. A committee having supervisory powers.
85. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
86. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
92. An affirmative.
93. Constitution of the human body.
94. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
95. Take in solid food.
96. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
97. More than enough in size or scope or capacity.
98. God of love and erotic desire.
99. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
2. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
3. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
4. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
5. Not conquered.
6. In operation or operational.
7. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
8. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
9. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
10. A person who weeps.
11. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
12. The dry dusty pulp that remains after juice is extracted from sugar cane or similar plants.
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
14. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
15. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
21. Close at hand.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
27. In bed.
28. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
30. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
32. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
34. Cosmopolitan genus of usually perennial herbs with flowers that resemble asters.
35. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
37. Type genus of the Fregatidae.
38. Of animals.
40. In the shape of a coil.
41. Genus of Mediterranean thistles.
42. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
46. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
48. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
49. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
51. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
52. Type genus of the Giraffidae.
53. Marked by refinement in taste and manners.
55. God of war.
56. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
60. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
62. An especially luminous meteor (sometimes exploding).
65. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
70. Small tropical tree with tiered branches and divaricate branchlets having broad glossy dark green leaves.
73. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
74. Lower in esteem.
76. A vast multitude.
77. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
78. 100 ngwee equal 1 kwacha.
79. The capital of Morocco.
80. A woman gossip.
82. Advanced in years.
84. Framework for holding objects.
85. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
87. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
88. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
89. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
90. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.