1. (British) Your grandmother.
4. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
9. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
13. A master's degree in library science.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
18. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
19. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
20. The whitish root of cultivated parsnip.
22. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
23. A tumor of the brain consisting of neuroglia.
25. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
26. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
29. United States chemist who developed a method of radiocarbon dating (1908-1980).
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
36. The capital of Eritrea.
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
44. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
45. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
49. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
50. A genus of Mustelidae.
51. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
52. Little known Kamarupan languages.
53. In or of the present month.
55. Any competition.
59. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
60. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
61. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
63. Land received by fee tail v 1.
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
65. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
69. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
70. A city in southern Finland.
72. The loyalty that citizens owe to their country (or subjects to their sovereign).
77. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
80. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
86. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
89. The sign language used in the United States.
91. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
93. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
94. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
95. Love intensely.
96. The emotion of hate.
97. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
98. A master's degree in theology.
99. A republic in eastern Africa.
100. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
101. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
4. Related by blood.
5. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
6. The back side of the neck.
7. A state in northwestern North America.
8. Small genus of Asian trees or shrubs.
9. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
10. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
11. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
12. The lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level.
13. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
14. Trace the shape of.
15. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
21. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
24. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
27. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
28. Minor or subordinate.
30. That part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers.
31. A wide (ornamented) belt worn over the right shoulder to support a sword or bugle by the left hip.
34. The property of having little body fat.
35. Wear away.
37. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
38. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
39. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
40. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
41. A city in the northern panhandle of Texas.
46. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
47. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
48. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
54. A thermionic vacuum tube having three electrodes.
56. English essayist (1775-1834).
57. Seed of a pea plant.
58. An associate degree in nursing.
62. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
66. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
67. A solicitation for money or food (especially in the street by an apparently penniless person).
68. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
71. (trade mark) A soft form of cereal for infants.
73. (all used chiefly with qualifiers `well' or `poorly' or `un-') Having received specific instruction.
74. A state in midwestern United States.
75. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
76. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
79. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
81. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
82. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
83. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
84. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
85. Located in or toward the back or rear.
87. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
88. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
90. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
91. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
92. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.