1. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
4. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
9. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
13. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
16. Compete for something.
17. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
18. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
22. First in order of birth.
25. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
26. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
27. Type genus of the Amiidae.
28. Any of various small terrestrial isopods having a flat elliptical segmented body.
30. By bad luck.
32. Lace again.
39. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
41. Any freshwater fish of the family Characinidae.
44. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
45. Signal going into an electronic system.
48. Used especially in treating bruises.
50. A hallucinogenic compound obtained from a mushroom.
53. (Irish) Ancient Irish god (probably a god of the sun).
54. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
58. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
59. A large fleet.
61. Being of use or service.
63. Unknown god.
64. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
65. A coarse lace.
70. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
71. A cleaning implement for sweeping.
72. New Guinea echidnas.
74. The fatty flesh of eel.
75. A shade of blue tinged with green.
76. Spiritual being attendant upon God.
80. American ornithologist and artist (born in Haiti) noted for his paintings of birds of America (1785-1851).
84. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
87. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
89. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
90. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
94. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
97. An audiotape recording of sound.
98. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
2. A tort consisting of false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person.
3. A sweet filling made of prunes or apricots.
4. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
5. Bourbon with bitters and Pernod and sugar served with lemon peel.
6. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
7. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
8. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
9. American novelist (1909-1955).
10. Any of various plants of the genus Sesbania having pinnate leaves and large showy pealike flowers.
11. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
12. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
13. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
21. Evoking or deserving hatred.
23. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
24. An employee of a bank who receives and pays out money.
29. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
31. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
33. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
34. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
35. Enthusiastic approval.
36. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
37. A person who is very small but who is not otherwise deformed or abnormal.
38. An almond-shaped neural structure in the anterior part of the temporal lobe of the cerebrum.
40. A financial institution that sells insurance.
42. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
43. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
46. A herder or swine.
47. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
51. Annual or perennial herbs with large leaves that resemble the leaves of cabbages.
52. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
55. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
56. The largest city and former capital of Turkey.
57. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
60. South American cavy.
62. Being three in one.
66. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
67. Small genus of Eurasian shrubs with yellow flowers and bladdery pods.
68. Military headquarters from which a military commander controls and organizes the forces.
69. The sixth month of the civil year.
73. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
77. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
78. Any of various small biting flies.
79. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
81. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
82. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
83. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
86. A small cake leavened with yeast.
88. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
93. Half the width of an em.
95. A soft silvery metallic element.
96. A radioactive transuranic element.