1. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
9. A native American tent.
13. Vietnamese New Year.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A mournful poem.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
20. The father of your father or mother.
22. Austrian general in the service of the Holy Roman Empire during the War of the Spanish Succession (1663-1736).
24. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
31. Club consisting of a heavy stick (often bamboo) bound with iron.
33. Broadly or extravagantly humorous.
35. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
38. A gum used especially as a thickener or emulsifier.
41. Not out.
42. Established irrevocably.
48. A large cask especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 butts or 252 gals.
49. Having a play of lustrous rainbow-like colors.
51. Type genus of the Canidae.
52. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
54. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
55. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
57. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
58. A pensive lyrical piece of music (especially for the piano).
61. Half the width of an em.
62. Having brief brilliant points or flashes of light.
65. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
66. A city in north-central India.
69. Of or belonging to an aecium.
71. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
73. Work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons.
75. United States collector and patron of art who built a museum in Boston to house her collection and opened it to the public in 1903 (1840-1924).
78. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
79. Separate by avulsion.
83. The virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
84. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
87. Infusion of e.g. dried or fresh flowers or leaves.
88. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
89. Brought from wildness into a domesticated state.
90. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
92. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
93. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
94. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
95. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
96. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
1. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
2. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
3. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
4. Give a new or different definition to.
5. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
8. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
9. A member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila.
10. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
11. A long slender cigar.
12. A strong emotion.
13. The capital of Nationalist China.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
15. A cooperative unit.
21. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
23. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
27. The fatty flesh of eel.
29. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
30. (chemistry) Relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis.
32. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
34. Granular protein in outermost layer of endosperm of many seeds or cereal grains.
36. Having a margin or fringe of hairlike projections.
37. A mixture of methyl and ethyl chloride.
39. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
40. Type genus of the Amiidae.
43. The basic unit of money on Sao Tome e Principe.
44. Bearing or marked with a label or tag.
45. A house of worship (especially one for sailors).
46. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
47. Not yet brought into existence.
50. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
53. Cut or impressed into a surface.
56. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
59. A fore-and-aft sail set on a stay (as between two masts).
60. A hollow muscular organ in the pelvic cavity of females.
63. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
64. A person of exceptional importance and reputation.
67. Immature of its kind.
68. Add ions to.
70. Very generous.
72. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
74. A dyed fabric.
76. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
77. Avatar of Vishnu.
80. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
81. The act of catching an object with the hands.
82. Suggestive of the supernatural.
85. The habitation of wild animals.
86. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
91. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.