1. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
4. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
9. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
18. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
19. Take in solid food.
20. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
21. A Hindu religious teacher.
22. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something.
24. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
26. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
28. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
30. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
31. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
33. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
35. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
36. The act of flipping a coin.
39. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
40. Being one more than one hundred.
46. A New England state.
47. Greek mythology.
49. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
50. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
51. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
53. The content of cognition.
56. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
57. An ordered reference standard.
58. A title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority.
59. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. A public promotion of some product or service.
61. An elongated leather strip (or or strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position.
62. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
63. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
66. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
67. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
69. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
74. Any member of a Siouan people speaking one of the Dhegiha languages.
77. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
80. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
82. A city in southeastern Germany famous for fairs.
83. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
85. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
89. A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains.
92. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
93. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
97. A long narrow inlet of the sea in Scotland (especially when it is nearly landlocked).
98. A notable achievement.
99. Armor plate that protects the arm.
100. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
1. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
2. Having little physical or spiritual strength.
3. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
4. A badge worn to show official position.
5. Legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity.
6. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
7. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
8. Medieval body armor that covers the chest and back.
9. An loose coverall (coat or frock) reaching down to the ankles.
10. An informal term for a father.
11. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
12. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
13. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
14. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
15. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
25. The grasses.
27. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
29. No longer in existence.
32. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
34. The cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message.
37. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
38. Bell magpies.
41. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
42. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
43. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
44. A port city in southwestern Iran.
45. Czechoslovakian religious reformer who anticipated the Reformation.
48. The state capital of Western Australia.
52. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
54. Lower in esteem.
55. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
65. Winter aconite.
68. Acquired as your own by free choice.
69. A badge worn to show official position.
70. Highly excited.
71. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
72. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
73. Capable of being added or added to.
74. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
75. Atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility.
76. The cry made by sheep.
78. Suggestive of the supernatural.
79. A daughter of your brother or sister.
81. A natural talent.
84. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
86. An arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers.
87. Possessing material wealth.
88. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
90. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
91. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
94. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
95. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
96. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.