1. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
5. Slow to learn or understand.
9. One thousandth of a second.
13. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
16. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
17. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
18. Make an etching of.
19. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
20. (informal) Someone who is a detective.
22. A minimal unit (as a word or stem) in the lexicon of a language.
24. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
25. A hard brittle blue-gray or blue-black metallic element that is one of the platinum metals.
27. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. Any movable possession (especially articles of clothing).
31. Any of numerous trees of the family Cupressaceae that resemble cedars.
32. A condition requiring relief.
33. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
36. A worker who lays tile.
40. Informal terms for clothing.
42. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
45. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
46. A reference book that is published regularly once every year.
48. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
49. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
51. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
52. Innumerable but many.
53. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
57. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
59. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
60. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
61. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
62. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
63. (archaic) A fitting reward.
64. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
68. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
69. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
73. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
76. The principles of right and wrong that are accepted by an individual or a social group.
78. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
80. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
82. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
84. (Judaism) Conforming to dietary laws.
87. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
89. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
91. A French marshal who distinguished himself in the War of the Austrian Succession (1696-1750).
92. Being one more than nine.
93. Give over.
95. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
96. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
97. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
98. The act of scanning.
99. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
100. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
1. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves).
2. Silence (someone) by uttering "shush!".
3. English actor who edited the first folio of Shakespeare's plays (1556-1630).
4. A state of refreshing tranquility.
5. (New Testament) Day of the Last Judgment when God will decree the fates of all men according to the good and evil of their earthly lives.
6. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
7. A form of address for a man.
8. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
9. A Mexican (or person of Mexican descent) living in the United States.
10. (electronics) Designating sound transmission from two sources through two channels.
11. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
12. Relating to or characterized by chelation.
13. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
14. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
21. Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope.
23. The square of a body of any size of type.
26. A woman sahib.
28. A medium size square-rigged warship of the 18th and 19th centuries.
34. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
35. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
37. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
38. Rod-shaped gram-negative bacteria.
39. Lacking rain.
41. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
43. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
44. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
47. (Greek mythology) God of the heavens.
50. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
54. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
55. Send out rays or waves.
56. Suggestive of the supernatural.
58. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
65. A book of the New Testament.
66. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
67. Characteristic of the classical artistic and literary traditions.
68. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
70. Disturbed psychologically as if by a physical jolt or shock.
71. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
72. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
74. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
75. A discrete unit of living matter.
77. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
79. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
80. Fill with high spirits.
81. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
83. Make amends for.
85. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
86. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
88. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
90. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
94. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.