1. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
4. A small island.
8. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
12. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
16. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
17. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
18. Having awns i.e. bristle- or hair-like appendages on the flowering parts of some cereals and grasses.
19. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
20. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
21. State of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options.
23. Of the most contemptible kind.
25. Numbered or proceeding by tens.
27. The state of existing and being localized in space.
28. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
29. Singing jazz.
30. Informal terms for clothing.
32. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
34. An informal term for a father.
35. Spaced apart.
38. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
41. A white trivalent metallic element.
43. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
45. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
46. An associate degree in nursing.
47. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
50. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
52. An elaborate song for solo voice.
54. An established line of travel or access.
55. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
57. A flat thin rectangular slab (as of fired clay or rubber or linoleum) used to cover surfaces.
59. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
60. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
61. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
62. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
64. A state in southeastern United States.
65. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
69. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
71. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
72. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
75. Antibacterial agent used especially to treat genitourinary infections.
78. Type genus of the Majidae.
80. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
81. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
86. A French abbot.
89. A bachelor's degree in library science.
91. Being nine more than sixty.
93. The cry made by sheep.
94. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
95. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
96. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service.
97. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
98. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
99. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
100. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
101. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
1. Beads threaded on a string.
2. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
3. Leather covering the toe of a boot or shoe and reinforcing or decorating it.
4. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
5. (Chinese and Japanese) Treatment of symptoms by applying pressure with the fingers to specific pressure points on the body.
6. Walk clumsily and with a bounce.
7. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
8. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
9. The basic unit of money in China.
10. In operation or operational.
11. An antifungal and antibiotic (trade names Mycostatin and Nystan) discovered in New York State.
12. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
13. A large fleet.
14. An artificial source of visible illumination.
15. Make amends for.
22. Sometimes placed in family Hyacinthaceae.
24. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
26. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Italy or its people or culture or language.
31. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
33. An Eskimo hut.
36. Eliminate from the body.
37. Moving quickly and excitedly.
39. Sprawling annual or perennial herb of Central America and West Indies having creamy-white to red-purple bell-shaped flowers followed by unusual horned fruit.
40. A communication system linking different rooms within a building or ship etc.
42. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
44. Danish composer (1865-1931).
48. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Not in.
53. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
56. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
58. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
63. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
66. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
67. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
68. A Hindu prince or king in India.
70. An unpleasant person who grabs inconsiderately.
71. An artificial source of visible illumination.
73. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
74. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
76. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
77. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
79. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
82. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
83. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
84. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
85. An opening that permits escape or release.
87. A small cake leavened with yeast.
88. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
90. An honorary degree in science.
92. Being one more than forty.