1. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
4. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
9. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
13. Inquire about.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
18. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. Foreshadow or presage.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. Delicacy highly prized in Japan but highly dangerous.
25. Lying in the same plane.
28. Chief port of Yemen.
29. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
30. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
33. English poet who introduced the sonnet form to English literature (1503-1542).
37. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
41. Type genus of the Ranidae.
42. A traditional story accepted as history.
43. Very dark gray.
46. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
47. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
48. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
50. Given or having a specified name.
54. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
55. Any plant of the genus Erica.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. Read or interpret wrongly.
60. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
61. The face veil worn by Muslim women.
63. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
64. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
65. A Hindu prince or king in India.
67. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
68. Inability to walk.
73. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
74. A populous province in northeastern China.
80. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
83. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
84. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
86. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
88. God of the earth.
89. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
90. A woman of refinement.
91. South African term for `boss'.
92. The chance to speak.
93. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
94. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
95. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
96. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
2. Using the voice.
3. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
4. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
5. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
6. Great coolness and composure under strain.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
9. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
10. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
11. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Imavate and Tofranil) used to treat clinical depression.
12. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. A man who has been castrated and is incapable of reproduction.
22. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
26. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
27. Reveal unintentionally.
31. Framework for holding objects.
32. An ache localized in the back.
34. Member of an international gang of Jamaican criminals who sell drugs and violence.
35. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
36. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
38. Type genus of Xylariaceae.
39. Of or relating to of comprising atoms.
40. English writer known for his interest in mythology and in the classics (1895-1985).
44. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
45. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
49. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
51. A card game for 2 players.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. Any plant of the genus Hoya having fleshy leaves and usually nectariferous flowers.
58. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
59. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
62. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
63. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
66. A son who has the same first name as his father.
69. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
70. A derogatory term used by Jews to refer to non-Jewish women.
71. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
72. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
75. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
76. Someone who practices homosexuality.
77. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
78. Type genus of the Anatidae.
79. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
81. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
82. Make amends for.
85. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
86. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
87. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.