1. The quantity contained in a keg.
4. A battle (333 BC) in which Alexander the Great defeated the Persians under Darius III.
9. Uttering in an irritated tone.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
17. A compact mass.
18. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
19. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
20. How long something has existed.
21. A can for storing tea.
22. Clarified butter used in Indian cookery.
23. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
24. Not only so, but.
26. A language of Australian aborigines.
29. Someone whose business is advertising.
30. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
31. A city in northeastern Ohio.
33. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
34. Indian sitar player who popularized classical Indian music in the West (born in 1920).
37. A white trivalent metallic element.
39. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
44. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
45. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
47. (British) Seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater.
50. Savory jelly based on fish or meat stock used as a mold for meats or vegetables.
52. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
53. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. In addition.
56. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
58. Strike, usually with the fist.
60. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
61. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
64. Continued in your keeping or use or memory.
67. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
68. United States comedian and film actor (1880-1946).
71. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
72. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
73. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
75. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
81. Tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar.
83. Large luxurious car.
84. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
88. A sedative and tranquilizer (trade name Miltown and Equanil and Meprin) used to treat muscle tension and anxiety.
91. An associate degree in applied science.
92. A typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system.
93. Lessen the intensity of.
95. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
96. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
97. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
98. German writer (1830-1914).
99. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
100. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
101. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
1. African mahogany trees.
2. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
3. An appearance of reflected light.
4. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
5. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
6. A republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea.
7. Not imagined even in a dream.
8. United States space station.
9. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
10. Tropical trees having papery leaves and large fruit.
11. The wife of a sheik.
12. Liquid excretory product.
13. Beer brewed for immediate consumption.
14. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
15. Erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers.
25. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
27. A state of difficulty that needs to be resolved.
28. Ruffed grouse.
32. Type genus of the Ranidae.
35. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
36. Set down or registered in a permanent form especially on film or tape for reproduction.
38. A secret society in Naples notorious for violence and blackmail.
40. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
42. United States painter born in Germany.
46. Small and light boat.
48. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
49. The general activity of selling.
51. Involving two dimensions.
57. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
59. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
62. A city in west central Washington on an arm of Puget Sound south of Seattle.
63. Having no fever.
65. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
66. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
69. In an ideal manner.
70. A doctor's degree in education.
74. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
76. A heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects).
77. Tropical Asian starlings.
78. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
79. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
80. (of meat) Cooked by dry heat in an oven.
82. A shade of blue tinged with green.
83. Before noon.
85. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
86. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
87. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
89. Minor or subordinate.
90. Enlarged prostate.
94. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.