1. Speaking a Slavic language.
5. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
13. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
16. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
17. The template for protein synthesis.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
20. Absence of the sense of smell (as by damage to olfactory nasal tissue or the olfactory nerve or by obstruction of the nasal passages).
21. Of or relating to a pointed conical tooth.
23. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A bachelor's degree in religion.
25. The first month of the civil year.
27. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
29. The fifth day of the week.
31. (informal) Of the highest quality.
32. A fibrous amphibole.
34. A farewell remark.
37. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
39. (biology) A taxonomic category below a class and above an order.
43. Sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels.
48. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
49. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
50. A light touch or stroke.
52. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
53. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
55. In a foreign country.
57. Escape, either physically or mentally.
58. Not at all or in no way.
59. The craniometric point at the junction of the sagittal and coronal sutures at the top of the cranium.
61. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
62. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
63. Darkened with overcast.
64. Of or at or relating to an anode.
66. A subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude.
68. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
69. The battle in 1806 in which Napoleon decisively defeated the Prussians.
70. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
71. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
74. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
81. A fraudulent business scheme.
84. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
88. The consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event).
90. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
92. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
94. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
95. A small drum with one head of soft calfskin.
96. A town in north central Oklahoma.
98. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
99. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
100. An employee who performs clerical work (e.g., keeps records or accounts).
101. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
102. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
1. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
2. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
3. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
4. An ACE inhibitor (trade name Vasotec) that blocks the formation of angiotensin in the kidney and so results in vasodilation.
5. Expel, as of gases and odors.
6. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
7. In operation or operational.
8. A political leader (especially of Tammany Hall).
9. Wildly disordered.
10. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
11. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
12. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
13. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
14. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
15. Beads threaded on a string.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
26. A white trivalent metallic element.
28. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
30. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
33. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. A conversation between two persons.
36. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
38. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
40. (of farmland) Capable of being farmed productively.
41. A fencing sword with a v-shaped blade and a slightly curved handle.
42. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
44. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
45. Goods or money obtained illegally.
46. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
47. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
51. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
54. A genus of plants of the family Crassulaceae.
56. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
65. A member of an Algonquian people who lived west of Lake Superior.
67. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
72. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
73. A state in New England.
75. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
76. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
77. Having help.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
79. English philologist (1835-1912).
80. Become one.
82. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
83. An elaborate song for solo voice.
85. A French abbot.
86. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
87. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
89. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
91. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
93. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
97. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
98. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.