1. Informal abbreviation of `gentleman'.
5. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
9. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
13. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
16. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
17. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
18. (Norse mythology) God of thunder and rain and farming.
19. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. An employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar.
21. A keel-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
25. (Italian cookery) Squid prepared as food.
27. Type genus of the Amiidae.
29. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
31. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
34. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
35. Status with respect to the relations between people or groups.
39. Before noon.
40. One thousand periods per second.
41. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
43. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
46. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
47. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
49. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
51. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
53. An evergreen tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in tropical America and Africa and Asia.
56. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
57. Pertaining to one of the small sacs (as in a compound gland).
58. A person who rescues you from harm or danger.
60. Scandinavian punch made of claret and aquavit with spices and raisins and orange peel and sugar.
63. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
64. Subject to popular election.
65. Shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception.
67. Of or pertaining to or written in Altaic.
69. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
70. The process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds).
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. (informal) Of the highest quality.
78. Not only so, but.
82. Become adolescent.
87. In a competent capable manner.
88. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit.
89. A notable achievement.
90. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
92. A professional cook.
94. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
95. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
96. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
97. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
98. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
1. A desert in central Asia.
2. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
3. (Akkadian) God ruling with his consort Ereshkigal the world of the dead.
4. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
5. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
6. Type genus of the Nepidae.
7. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
8. The act of escaping physically.
9. A violin made by Antonio Stradivari or a member of his family.
10. Italian painter (born in Greece) whose deep shadows and barren landscapes strongly influenced the surrealists (1888-1978).
11. (of speed) Having or caused by speed approximately equal to that of sound in air at sea level.
12. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
13. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
14. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
15. God of death.
22. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
26. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
28. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
30. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
32. Any of several cultivated sour cherry trees bearing pale red fruit with colorless juice.
33. Regional and archaic.
36. Of or in or relating to the nose.
37. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
38. Deciduous perennial herbs of South Africa.
42. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
44. Completely lacking.
45. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
48. The basic unit of money in Spain.
50. Relatively nontoxic South African herb smoked like tobacco.
52. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
54. United States politician who unscrupulously accused many citizens of being Communists (1908-1957).
55. (psychiatry) An abnormal absorption with the self.
59. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
61. A long piece of brightly colored cloth (cotton or silk) used as clothing (a skirt or loincloth or sash etc.) in India and Pakistan and Burma.
62. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
66. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
68. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
69. The act of escaping physically.
71. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
72. 100 pesewas equal 1 cedi.
73. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
74. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
75. Right-hand page.
76. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
79. Very dark black.
80. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
81. In bed.
83. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
86. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
91. An expression of greeting.
93. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.