1. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
4. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
9. An edible tuber native to South America.
13. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. Indigo bush.
18. An inhabitant of Lappland.
19. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
20. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
22. A building used to house military personnel v 1.
25. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
26. A native American tent.
27. A state in northwestern North America.
28. (in writing) See below.
30. A large quantity of written matter.
32. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
33. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
37. Situated in a particular spot or position.
41. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
45. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
47. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
48. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
49. The snail-shaped tube (in the inner ear coiled around the modiolus) where sound vibrations are converted into nerve impulses by the Organ of Corti.
50. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
51. Seek someone's favor.
53. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
54. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
55. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
56. A person who reduces the intensity (e.g., of fears) and calms and pacifies.
59. A Nilotic language.
63. Shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception.
64. An associate degree in nursing.
65. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
66. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
67. (prefix) Within.
69. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
71. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
72. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
73. Put up in a new or different housing.
76. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
78. The highest level or degree attainable.
80. Agitation resulting from active worry.
82. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
84. The sign language used in the United States.
87. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
89. Greek Cynic philosopher who rejected social conventions (circa 400-325 BC).
93. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
94. Not easy.
95. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
96. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
97. A unit of pressure.
98. A river in southeastern France.
101. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
102. A light touch or stroke.
103. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
104. A small cake leavened with yeast.
105. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. A Dravidian language spoken by the Gond people in south central India.
2. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
3. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
4. Give an education to.
5. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
6. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
7. Clean or orderly.
8. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
9. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
10. A horse used to set the pace in racing.
11. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
12. A person forced to flee from home or country.
13. Any of various units of capacity.
14. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
15. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
21. Covered with paving material.
23. A prescription drug that is provided again.
24. A large fleet.
29. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
35. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
36. Performance of moral or religious acts.
38. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
39. Eruption on a mucous membrane (as the inside of the mouth) occurring as a symptom of a disease.
40. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
42. Apoapsis in orbit around the moon.
43. A stone tool from the Neolithic Age.
44. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
46. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
52. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
57. Remote in manner.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
60. Squash bugs.
61. A state in midwestern United States.
62. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
68. One thousandth of a second.
70. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
74. (Greek mythology) The Muse of astronomy.
75. Cut or impressed into a surface.
76. Take in solid food.
77. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
79. A container for burning incense (especially one that is swung on a chain in a religious ritual).
81. Having the head uncovered.
83. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
85. Stalk of a moss capsule.
86. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
88. Not widely known.
90. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
91. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
92. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
99. A state in north central United States.
100. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.