1. Having the slant of a bevel.
5. (informal) Exceptionally good.
9. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
13. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
16. To declare or affirm as true.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
18. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
19. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
20. Pleasant and beneficial in nature or influence.
22. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
23. Small tree native to Japan.
25. A city in southeastern Spain.
27. Intelligence derived from non-communications electromagnetic radiations from foreign sources (other than radioactive sources).
29. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
30. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
31. United States film actor (born in Hungary) noted for portraying monsters (1884-1956).
34. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
37. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
38. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. The cry made by sheep.
45. Of a light brown or yellowish brown color n 1.
47. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
48. God of death.
51. Hairy perennial Eurasian herb with yellow daisylike flowers reputed to destroy or drive away fleas.
53. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
56. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
58. A public promotion of some product or service.
59. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
60. Spread or daub over.
62. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
65. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
68. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
69. Cut the head of.
75. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
76. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
78. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
79. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
81. A boy or man.
83. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
87. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
90. The outer germ layer that develops into skin and nervous tissue.
92. Of or at or relating to an anode.
94. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
95. A symptom of some physical hurt or disorder.
96. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
98. An endorsement made in a passport that allows the bearer to enter the country issuing it v 1.
99. A light touch or stroke.
100. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
101. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
102. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. Report or maintain.
3. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
4. A rapid change in brightness.
5. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
6. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
7. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
8. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
9. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
10. A person who eats human flesh.
11. A slow pace of running.
12. A spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus.
13. Sour or bitter in taste.
14. Among the largest bony fish.
15. 11th President of the United States.
21. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
24. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
26. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
28. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
32. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
33. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
35. United States architect who with his partner Thomas Hastings designed many important public buildings (1858-1911).
36. A covered passageway.
39. Resided in.
40. Brush turkeys.
42. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
44. Filled with fear or apprehension.
46. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. Lower in esteem.
52. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
54. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
55. The month following July and preceding September.
57. Used of idealized country life.
61. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
63. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
64. A motley assortment of things.
66. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
67. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
70. United States inventor of a dry-plate process of developing photographic film and of flexible film (his firm introduced roll film) and of the box camera and of a process for color photography (1854-1932).
71. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
72. A soft-finned fish of the family Gadidae.
73. A state in east central United States.
74. (chemistry) Being or containing an acid.
75. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
77. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
78. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
80. Aromatic flower bud of a clove tree.
82. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
83. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
84. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
85. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
86. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
88. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
91. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
93. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
97. Not out.