1. A tax levied on the difference between a commodity's price before taxes and its cost of production.
4. Sour or bitter in taste.
9. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
13. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
16. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
17. A person who avoids the company or assistance of others.
18. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
19. The capital and largest city of Japan.
20. Shockingly repellent.
22. Relating to the condition of immunity.
24. A police officer who investigates crimes.
25. Used to manufacture fructose and in assessing kidney function.
28. Oral antiarrhythmic medication (trade name Tambocor) used as a last resort in treating arrhythmias.
30. Usually large hard-shelled seed.
31. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
32. (of a musical instrument) Intermediate between alto and baritone or bass.
33. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
35. A desert in central Asia.
38. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
40. A furnished sitting room with sleeping accommodations (and some plumbing).
43. Not out.
44. Squash bugs.
46. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
47. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
49. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
51. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
52. Consisting of or made of cedar.
55. Kauri pine.
57. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
60. Wild and menacing.
62. Cause to lose courage.
63. A squeezer with a conical ridged center that is used for squeezing juice from citrus fruit.
64. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
66. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
67. Extremely cold.
71. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
73. Wild dabbling duck from which domestic ducks are descended.
75. Of or relating to or exhibiting isomerism.
78. The airforce of Great Britain.
79. A microchip that uses tiny strands of DNA to latch onto and quickly recognize thousands of genes at a time.
82. (Greek mythology) The ferryman who brought the souls of the dead across the the river Styx or the river Acheron to Hades.
86. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
87. Changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose.
90. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
91. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
92. Any competition.
93. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
95. Food for domestic livestock.
96. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
97. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
98. A genus of Accipitridae.
99. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The matter ejected in vomiting.
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. A famous chief of the Shawnee who tried to unite Indian tribes against the increasing white settlement (1768-1813).
4. Archaic name for England or Great Britain.
5. The hard cylindrical core that bears the kernels of an ear of corn.
6. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
7. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
8. Soft creamy white cheese.
9. A city in central Mali near the Niger river.
10. Ending in a sharp point.
11. Primarily temporal sense.
12. Used of a single unit or thing.
13. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
14. The content of cognition.
15. Obscene terms for penis.
21. United States painter born in Germany.
23. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
26. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. Solid and liquid nourishment taken into the body through the mouth.
29. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
34. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
36. Linear with respect to each of two variables or positions.
37. A small well holding writing ink into which a pen can be dipped.
39. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
41. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
42. Someone who communicates vocally in a very loud voice.
45. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
48. A deep bow.
50. One of the six playing periods into which the game of polo is divided.
53. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
54. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
56. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. Very light colored.
59. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
61. How long something has existed.
65. American black bears.
68. Crowd or pack to capacity.
69. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
70. Important European leguminous forage plant with trifoliate leaves and blue-violet flowers grown widely as a pasture and hay crop.
71. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
72. Boas and pythons.
73. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
74. A Loloish language.
76. (of something seen or heard) Clearly defined.
77. The galley or pantry of a small ship.
80. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
81. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
83. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. A quantity of no importance.
88. Liquid excretory product.
89. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
94. A person forced to flee from home or country.