1. A humorous anecdote or remark.
4. Having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed.
9. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
13. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
16. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
17. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
18. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
19. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
20. United States theatrical producer noted for a series of extravagant revues known as the Ziegfeld Follies (1869-1932).
22. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
23. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
25. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
28. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
30. A person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university).
32. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
33. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
34. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
37. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
38. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
39. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
41. Evil or harmful in nature or influence.
44. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
47. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
51. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
52. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
55. Characteristic of country life.
57. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
59. Edible greenish substance in boiled lobster.
61. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
62. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
63. An associate degree in nursing.
64. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
66. In operation or operational.
69. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
72. Relating to human society and its members.
76. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
77. Reason by deduction.
78. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
80. Covered with or smelling of mold.
82. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
86. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
89. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
92. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
93. Red-winged blackbirds.
95. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
96. Belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power.
97. Sound with resonance.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
2. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
3. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
4. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
5. Pioneer of non-Euclidean geometry (1826-1866).
6. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
7. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
8. Half the width of an em.
9. A steep descent of the water of a river.
10. The 6th letter of the Greek alphabet.
11. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
12. A wave number characteristic of the wave spectrum of each element.
13. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
14. East Indian silk cotton tree yielding fibers inferior to kapok.
15. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
21. Evergreen trees and shrubs.
24. Lying in or toward the east.
27. Herbs of Mediterranean to central Asia cultivated for their flowers.
29. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
31. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
35. A horse of light tan or golden color with cream or white mane and tail.
36. North American rat snakes.
40. A branch of the Tai languages.
42. Either one of the two external openings to the nasal cavity in the nose.
43. 16 ounces.
45. Rise again.
46. The sail above the royal on a square-rigger.
48. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
50. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
53. Covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments.
54. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
56. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
58. Lessen the density or solidity (of a substance).
60. Being three more than fifty.
65. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. A workshop where books are bound.
68. Food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
69. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
70. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
71. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
72. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
73. Of or relating to cilia projecting from the surface of a cell.
74. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
75. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
79. Indigo bush.
81. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
83. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
84. The capital and largest city of Norway.
85. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
87. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
88. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
90. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
91. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
92. A cgs unit of work or energy.
94. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.