1. A periodic paperback publication.
4. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
9. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
13. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
19. A port in southwestern Scotland.
20. A column of light (as from a beacon).
21. Edit and correct (written or printed material).
23. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
25. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
27. One of 7 to 12 sons of Aditi.
29. A state in New England.
30. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
31. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. Strike sharply.
35. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
37. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
40. Type genus of the Anatidae.
46. Any of several short-billed Old World rails.
50. (especially of promises or contracts) Not violated or disregarded.
51. The state capital of South Australia.
53. Antibacterial agent (trade names Mandelamine and Urex) that is contained in many products that are used to treat urinary infections.
54. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
56. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
58. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
59. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
60. Any thick messy substance.
64. A particular environment or walk of life.
66. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
67. (medieval legends) The bride of King Mark of Cornwall who fell in love with the king's nephew (Tristan) after they mistakenly drank a love potion that left them eternally in love with each other.
69. Of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself.
70. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
73. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
74. An easy victory.
76. Make reference to.
77. A period of time spent sleeping.
79. Full of zest or vigor.
81. Above the surround or above the normal position.
83. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
87. (Judaism) Jewish holy day celebrated on the sixth of Sivan to celebrate Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
89. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
90. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
91. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
95. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
96. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
99. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
101. (British) Your grandmother.
102. Be teeming, be abuzz.
103. (British) A simple board game in which players move counters according to the throw of dice.
104. (prefix) Half or partial.
105. A branch of the Tai languages.
106. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
107. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
108. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
109. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. Ox of southeast Asia sometimes considered a domesticated breed of the gaur.
4. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
5. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
6. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
7. In bed.
8. An extreme state of adversity.
9. A large and densely populated urban area.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Free from liquid or moisture.
12. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
13. Large heavily built goat antelope of eastern Himalayan area.
14. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
15. Someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric.
22. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
24. A city in western Kenya.
26. Genus of New Zealand mat-forming herbs or subshrubs.
28. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
38. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
39. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
41. (comparative of `near') Being the one of two that is less distant in space.
42. Of or relating to apnea.
43. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
44. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
45. A share of something.
47. (Greek mythology) The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon.
48. A light soft mineral consisting of hydrated sodium borate in crystalline form.
49. Let or forced out of the lungs.
52. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. A doctor's degree in optometry.
57. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
61. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
62. Tropical Asian tree with hard white wood and bark formerly used as a remedy for dysentery and diarrhea.
63. Your general store of remembered information.
65. The prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races.
68. A person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt).
71. The final stages of an extended process of negotiation.
72. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
75. The nearest star to the sun.
76. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
78. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
80. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
82. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
84. Transient cessation of respiration.
85. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
86. Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity.
88. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
92. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
93. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
94. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
97. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
98. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
100. A resource.