1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
9. A French abbot.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
18. An account describing incidents or events.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. An unintentional but embarrassing blunder.
22. An educational institution.
24. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
26. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
28. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
30. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
31. A motley assortment of things.
34. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
44. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
47. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
49. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
52. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
53. (linguistics) Relating to the ablative case.
55. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
56. Stir up or tend.
58. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
59. Be teeming, be abuzz.
61. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
62. Be seated.
63. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
65. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
67. Give expression to.
71. Half the width of an em.
72. Cereal grass widely cultivated for its grain.
73. Two items of the same kind.
75. Give over.
77. The back side of the neck.
79. Greek mythology.
80. Make improvements or corrections to.
83. Any plant of the genus Inula.
86. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
89. Having a quality that thrusts itself into attention.
91. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
93. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
94. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
95. A very light brown.
97. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
99. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
100. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
101. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
102. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
103. Liveliness and energy.
1. Informal terms for a mother.
2. A socially awkward or tactless act.
3. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
4. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
5. A city in northwestern Syria.
6. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
7. Before noon.
8. A mountainous republic of south-central Europe.
9. The capital and largest city of Greece.
10. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
11. Swelling of the rumen or intestinal tract of domestic animals caused by excessive gas v 1.
12. The fatty flesh of eel.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. A cream spread on the skin.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Having a capacity for adaptation.
33. Offering fun and gaiety.
35. Disabled in the feet or legs.
37. A small island republic on the Tuvalu islands.
38. Covered with or as if with a glossy and usually brightly colored coating.
39. Relating to or lying near the palate.
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
45. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
46. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
48. Of or relating to or causing constriction of the pupil of the eye.
50. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
51. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
54. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
57. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
60. A member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners.
64. Sell or offer for sale from place to place.
66. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
68. An industrial city in southern China.
69. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
70. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
74. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
75. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
76. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
78. A period of time spent in military service.
81. Produced by a manufacturing process.
82. English essayist (1775-1834).
84. (Sumerian) Sun god.
85. Type genus of the Anatidae.
87. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
88. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
90. Not of long duration.
92. A kind of person.
96. A state in New England.
98. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.