1. A group of countries in special alliance.
5. To such an extent or degree.
13. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
17. A genus of Mustelidae.
18. White or light-colored crested parrot of the Australian region.
19. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
20. Located in or toward the back or rear.
21. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
22. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
23. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
24. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
26. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
35. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
37. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
41. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Acular and Toradol) that is administered only intramuscularly.
42. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
44. Whitish fibrous membrane (albuginea) that with the cornea forms the outer covering of the eyeball.
45. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
46. Photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication.
50. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
51. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
53. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
54. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
56. The sign language used in the United States.
57. Capital and largest city and economic and cultural center of Portugal.
59. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
61. A singular metaphysical entity from which material properties are said to derive.
63. An insect or other arthropod between molts.
64. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
65. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
66. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
67. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
70. Informal terms for a mother.
74. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
76. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
78. The act of drawing or hauling something.
82. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
83. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
88. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
90. Lace again.
91. Large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail.
92. Be foolish or senile due to old age.
93. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
95. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
96. An associate degree in applied science.
97. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
98. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
2. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
3. Using speech rather than writing.
4. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
5. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
6. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
7. Strike with a flat object.
8. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
9. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
10. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
11. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
12. Having no horns.
13. The act of sitting or standing astride.
14. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
15. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
16. Humble request for help.
25. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
28. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
30. A thief who enters a building with intent to steal.
31. A course of conduct.
33. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
34. Compulsory force or threat.
36. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
38. The act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial) v 1.
39. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
40. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
43. French engineer who constructed the Eiffel Tower (1832-1923).
47. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
48. State in northeastern India.
49. The leg from the knee to foot.
52. Push to thrust outward.
55. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
58. An awkward stupid person.
60. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
62. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
68. Proceed or issue forth, as from a source.
69. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
71. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
72. The largest Chilean island and the only one to be settled.
73. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
75. The largest city of Cameroon.
77. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
78. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
79. Without qualification.
80. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
81. All the animal life in a particular region.
84. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
85. Divulge information or secrets.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
89. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
94. Being one more than one hundred.