1. A single-reed woodwind with a conical bore.
4. Any plant of the genus Inula.
9. A specific feeling of desire.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
17. Capable of being corrupted.
18. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
21. (nautical) Of an anchor.
22. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
24. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
26. 1 species.
29. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
31. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
33. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
36. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
37. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
41. The basic unit of money in Iran.
42. Give over.
45. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
46. Making great mental demands.
48. A cord or band of inelastic tissue connecting a muscle with its bony attachment.
49. Place a value on.
52. A feeling of intense anger.
55. Affected manners intended to impress others.
56. Military headquarters from which a military commander controls and organizes the forces.
57. At a specific prior time.
59. Pale gray.
60. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
61. Upset and make nauseated.
63. An instance of driving away or warding off.
65. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
66. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
68. That is to say.
69. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
72. Set up for use.
75. The seed of the cereal grass.
77. (zoology) Having a tail or taillike appendage.
79. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
82. Jordan's port.
85. Beads threaded on a string.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. A bachelor's degree in theology.
93. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
94. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
96. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
97. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
98. A particular environment or walk of life.
99. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
100. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
1. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
2. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
3. Being two more than ninety.
4. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
5. Remaining after all deductions.
6. Not rotten.
7. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
8. A character set that includes letters.
9. The West AFrican language of the Wolof people in Senegal.
10. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
11. Annual or perennial grasses of warm regions.
12. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. The soccer or hockey player assigned to protect the goal.
27. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
28. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
30. A small two-wheeled cart for one passenger.
32. A bachelor's degree in library science.
34. The capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the Congo river opposite Brazzaville.
35. A state in the eastern United States.
38. (Old Testament) A youth who was taken into the court of Nebuchadnezzar and given divine protection when thrown into a den of lions (6th century BC).
39. Youthful appearance in an old person.
40. A short film and commentary about current events.
43. A drug that reduces excitability and calms a person.
44. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
47. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
50. Short and fat.
51. Hot or warm and humid.
53. A releasing factor that accelerates the secretion of growth hormone by the anterior pituitary body.
54. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
58. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
62. The rattling noise produced when snoring.
64. A historic division of Ireland located in the northeastern part of the island.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. Someone whose employment involves carrying something.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
74. Feeling mild pleasurable excitement.
76. The official of a synagogue who conducts the liturgical part of the service and sings or chants the prayers intended to be performed as solos.
78. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
80. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
81. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
83. Ulcerated chilblain on the heel.
84. A small cake leavened with yeast.
86. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
87. A thin strip (wood or metal).
89. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
90. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
91. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
95. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
96. A state in midwestern United States.