1. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
5. A French abbot.
9. Informal terms for money.
13. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
16. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
17. A large quantity of written matter.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
22. A vigorous blow.
23. (British) Your grandmother.
24. Register formally.
26. A loose cloak with a hood.
28. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
31. A fraudulent business scheme.
34. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
37. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
40. The dispersion of the Jews from Palestine after the Babylonian exile (358 BC).
44. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
45. Used of a single unit or thing.
46. Alligator lizards.
47. 1/10 gram.
48. A Greek island west of Greece.
50. An artificial language.
53. A small hard fruit.
56. Toward the mouth or oral region.
58. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
59. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
60. An unaccompanied partsong for 2 or 3 voices.
64. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
65. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
68. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
71. Being one more than six.
72. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
76. Type genus of the Bramidae.
80. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
84. Wild and domestic cattle.
85. The top edge of a vessel.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
88. A group of countries in special alliance.
89. Used of a single unit or thing.
90. An informal term for a father.
91. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
92. Goddess of fertility.
1. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. The locus of feelings and intuitions.
4. Grant freedom to.
5. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
6. Gum resin used especially in treating skin irritation.
7. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
8. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. A widely distributed family of plants.
12. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
13. An analgesic for mild pain.
14. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
15. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
25. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. (Middle Eastern) Small croquette of mashed chick peas or fava beans seasoned with sesame seeds.
29. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
32. The act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva).
33. An industrial city is southeastern Austria.
35. An imaginary place of great wealth and opportunity.
36. An imaginary monster used to frighten children.
38. Of or relating to the enteron.
39. Cut the head of.
41. Pertaining to or associated with agony (especially death agonies).
42. (informal) Of the highest quality.
43. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
49. (computer science) The code that identifies where a piece of information is stored.
51. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
52. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
54. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
55. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
57. Look at with amorous intentions.
61. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
62. Unknown god.
63. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
64. An analgesic for mild pain.
66. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
67. Characteristic of or relating to winter.
69. Lower in esteem.
70. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
73. Very dark black.
74. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
75. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
76. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
77. A bachelor's degree in library science.
78. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
79. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
81. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
82. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
83. The cry made by sheep.
87. One million periods per second.