1. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
4. Italian poet who wrote an epic poem about the capture of Jerusalem during the First Crusade (1544-1595).
9. Fallow deer.
13. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
18. Highly excited.
19. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
20. (informal) Roused to anger.
21. A response of body tissues to injury or irritation.
23. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
25. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
27. Kauri pine.
29. Toward the mouth or oral region.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
32. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
39. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
41. Disparaging terms for small people.
42. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
46. At a previous time.
49. American dramatist (1928- ).
51. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
53. Any competition.
54. Rotating a log rapidly in the water (as a competitive sport).
56. Stalk of a moss capsule.
58. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
59. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
61. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
62. (of eggs) No longer edible.
64. Of a yellow-green color similar to that of an unripe olive n 1.
65. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
66. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
67. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
69. A state in New England.
72. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
74. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
76. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
77. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
78. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
79. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
82. A state or condition being blighted.
86. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
88. (of words) Formed in imitation of a natural sound.
91. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
92. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
95. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
96. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
98. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
99. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
100. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
101. Employed in accomplishing something.
102. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
103. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
1. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
2. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
3. An informal term for a father.
4. A violent denunciation.
5. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
6. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
7. (legend) Chalice used by Christ at the last supper.
8. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
9. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. Casserole of eggplant and ground lamb with onion and tomatoes bound with white sauce and beaten eggs.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
14. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
15. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
22. Male red deer.
24. Shrubby herb cultivated for their soft velvety foliage and showy scarlet flowers.
26. Shelf that projects from wall above fireplace.
28. A state in midwestern United States.
33. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
36. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
37. Produced by inbreeding.
38. (informal) Exceptionally good.
40. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
43. (botany) Especially of leaves.
44. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
45. Affect with wonder.
47. Create by shaping stone or wood or any other hard material.
48. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
50. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
52. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
55. (British) "use your noddle".
57. Fit or ready for use or service.
60. An outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down.
63. Of or relating to or near the part of the back between the ribs and the hipbones.
68. A streamlined enclosure for an aircraft engine.
69. (legend) Chalice used by Christ at the last supper.
70. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
71. A double pronged pin used to hold women's hair in place.
72. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
73. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
75. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
80. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
81. The sacred writings of the Christian religion.
83. At surface level.
84. Falcon-headed solar god.
85. (prefix) Across or crossing or on the opposite side.
87. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
89. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
90. Crowd or pack to capacity.
93. An associate degree in applied science.
94. Used of a single unit or thing.
97. Of or related to the genital and urinary organs or their functions.