1. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
9. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
13. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
17. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
18. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
19. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
20. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
22. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
25. The limits within which something can be effective.
28. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
31. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
32. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
35. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
37. All the plant life in a particular region.
38. An uproarious party.
41. Having edges that are jagged from injury.
44. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
45. A small amount of residue.
46. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
47. A fire (usually on a hill or tower) that can be seen from a distance.
52. The fifth of the seven canonical hours.
54. A gait in which steps and hops alternate.
55. Pioneer of non-Euclidean geometry (1826-1866).
57. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
59. One thousandth of a second.
61. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
63. (informal) Of the highest quality.
64. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
65. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
67. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
68. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
69. Make anew.
71. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
73. Informal terms for a mother.
74. An informal term for a father.
75. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
76. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
77. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
79. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
82. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
86. Lower in esteem.
88. The ninth month of the civil year.
90. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
93. Of or relating to or containing barium.
96. The act of scanning.
99. Avatar of Vishnu.
100. A beautiful and graceful girl.
101. English statesman and son of Pitt the Elder (1759-1806).
102. Slightly open.
104. The bill in a restaurant.
105. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
106. Pale gray.
107. A small cake leavened with yeast.
108. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
1. Ritual hand movement in Hindu religious dancing.
2. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
3. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
4. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
5. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
6. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
7. The basic unit of money in Macao.
8. In or belonging to the air or operating (for or by means of aircraft or elevated cables) in the air.
9. A native American tent.
10. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
11. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
12. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
13. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
14. Danish physicist who studied atomic structure and radiations.
15. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
21. Used of syllables.
23. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
24. Dam to make a millpond to provide power for a water mill.
26. An abundance of material possessions and resources.
27. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
33. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
34. Surrounded as with a border or fringe.
36. A decree that prohibits something.
38. Order by virtue of superior authority.
39. Arctic deer with large antlers in both sexes.
40. Lacking gonads.
42. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
43. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
48. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
49. Cold-water fish caught in Lake Superior and northward.
50. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
51. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
53. An enclosed space.
56. A state in midwestern United States.
58. An informal term for a father.
60. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
66. A great raja.
68. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
70. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
71. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
72. A genus of Carangidae.
73. The basic unit of money in Macao.
78. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
80. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
81. 16 ounces.
83. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
84. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
85. (British) Lively and brisk.
87. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
89. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
91. The 8th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
92. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
94. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
95. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
97. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
98. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
103. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.