1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
9. In the Roman calendar.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. The fourth or lowest deck.
18. Not final or absolute.
19. The cry made by sheep.
20. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
22. Cause to be annoyed, irritated, or resentful.
24. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
25. Any monetary aid.
28. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
29. Bringing death.
31. Noisy quarrel.
34. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
38. (anatomy) A small structure resembling a rootlet (such as a fibril of a nerve).
42. Toward the mouth or oral region.
43. Bearing or marked with a label or tag.
48. Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty.
49. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
50. Large family of bark-boring or wood-boring short-beaked beetles.
51. A heavy silk fabric (often woven with silver or gold threads).
53. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
54. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
55. An animal trainer who tames wild animals.
56. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
57. Drought-tolerant herb grown for forage and for its seed which yield a gum used as a thickening agent or sizing material.
58. A doctor's degree in optometry.
59. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
60. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
61. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
63. Normal relaxed breathing.
67. An island of central Hawaii.
68. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
72. An artificial language related to Ido.
73. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
74. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
76. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
77. Central nervous system stimulant (trade name Ritalin) used in the treatment of narcolepsy in adults and attention deficit disorder in children.
79. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
81. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
83. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
84. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
88. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
92. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A primeval personification of air and breath.
97. Type genus of the Nepidae.
99. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
100. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
101. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
102. Taken or to be taken at random.
103. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
104. A light touch or stroke.
1. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
4. United States writer (born in 1933).
5. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
6. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
7. A brittle aromatic resin used in varnishes.
8. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
10. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
11. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
12. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
13. In bed.
14. An informal term for a father.
15. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
21. Of an imaginary flower that never fades.
23. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A large number or amount.
30. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
32. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
33. The 18th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. A city on the Loire river in north central France.
36. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
37. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
39. Relating to crime or its punishment.
40. The literary intelligentsia.
41. (astronomy) The reappearance of a celestial body after an eclipse.
44. South American cavy.
45. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
46. An ancient region of southern Greece in the southeastern Peloponnesus.
47. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
52. A person trained to compete in sports.
62. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
64. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
65. A major god.
66. (grammar) Of or relating to the aorist tense.
68. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
70. Coming into existence.
71. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
75. The opening of a subject to public discussion and debate.
78. A Greek island west of Greece.
80. Type genus of the Bramidae.
81. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
82. A workman who laces shoes or footballs or books (during binding).
83. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
85. Extremely robust.
86. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
87. The closing section of a musical composition.
89. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
90. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
93. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
94. A boy or man.
98. An informal term for a father.