1. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
4. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
9. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
13. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
16. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
17. Jordan's port.
18. A Hindu prince or king in India.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
20. Of or relating to or characteristic of Sparta or its people.
21. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
23. An associate degree in applied science.
24. An enclosed space.
25. Lean end of the neck.
27. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
29. A state in northwestern North America.
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
33. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
35. (of tempo) Very fast adv 1.
37. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
41. The fifth day of the week.
42. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
44. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
45. A republic on the western coast of central Africa.
48. A recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing.
50. Loose gown of the 17th and 18th centuries.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
55. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
57. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
60. A member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia.
61. The unit of frequency.
62. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
63. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
64. Excavation in the earth from which ores and minerals are extracted.
65. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
66. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
68. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
70. A public promotion of some product or service.
72. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
73. Having finished or arrived at completion.
75. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
77. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
78. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
81. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
83. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
87. Not final or absolute.
89. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
92. An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
93. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. In some classifications considered a genus of the subfamily Lutrinae.
99. Slightly open.
100. Being six more than fifty.
101. An unforeseen obstacle.
102. Lack of normal muscular tension or tonus.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
104. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. The act of flipping a coin.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. Noisy quarrel.
4. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
5. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
6. French architect who introduced the mansard roof (1598-1666).
7. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
8. Genus of slender often treelike spiny cacti with solitary showy nocturnal white or pink flowers.
9. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
10. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
11. A genus of Platalea.
12. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
13. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
14. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
15. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
22. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
26. Thick like cream.
28. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
30. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
31. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
34. A port city in western South Korea on the Yellow Sea.
36. Roman statesman who became emperor of Rome after defeating Mark Antony at Actium (63 BC - AD 14).
38. (informal) Someone whose style is out of fashion.
39. Nocturnal fruit-eating bird of South America that has fatty young yielding an oil that is used instead of butter.
40. Of or relating to entozoa.
43. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
46. A number to which another number (the addend) is added.
47. A state in New England.
49. English writer of novels and short stories (1913-1991).
51. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
54. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
56. Class of protozoa having cilia or hairlike appendages on part or all of the surface during some part of the life cycle.
58. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
59. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
67. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
69. A ray of moonlight.
71. (Greek mythology) The first woman.
74. Of little importance or influence or power.
76. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
78. The process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort).
80. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
82. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
84. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
85. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
86. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
88. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
90. An underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea v 1.
91. An elaborate song for solo voice.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.