1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
16. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
17. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves).
18. The time during which someone's life continues.
19. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
20. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
21. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
22. The reflex act of ejecting the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
24. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
26. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
27. A member of a people of India living in Maharashtra.
29. (legal terminology) The Latin word for wife.
31. A very light brown.
33. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
34. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
37. A fraudulent business scheme.
39. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
43. A genus of Indriidae.
46. A business whose articles of incorporation have been approved in some state.
47. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
52. (informal) In fancy clothing.
54. A block of metal that is cast in a particular shape for convenient handling.
55. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
57. A form of address for a married woman.
58. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
60. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
61. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
63. An elaborate song for solo voice.
65. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
67. A long monotonous harangue.
69. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
70. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
71. The female or generative principle.
72. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
73. Enthusiastic approval.
77. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
79. A large and noisy party of people.
84. Be about.
87. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
88. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
92. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
93. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
95. A desert in southern Israel.
96. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
99. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
100. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
101. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
102. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
1. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
5. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
6. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
7. United States sculptor (born in 1904).
8. Support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway.
9. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
10. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
11. Bleeding into the interior chamber of the eye.
12. Earlier a god.
13. Expel, as of gases and odors.
14. Having the slant of a bevel.
15. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
23. Antibiotic related to cephalosporin but no longer in common use.
25. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
28. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
30. Being one more than forty.
32. Goddess of dawn.
35. Be central or dominant.
36. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
38. Genus of large deciduous nut-bearing trees.
40. A South African unit of measure equal to about 2 acres.
41. (trademark) An antacid.
42. In the direction against a stream's current.
44. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
45. A drink resembling beer.
48. A bachelor's degree in religion.
50. Not in good physical or mental health.
53. A short trip that is taken in the performance of a necessary task or mission.
56. Biennial Eurasian plant usually having a swollen edible root.
59. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
62. An Asian river.
64. Someone whose business is advertising.
66. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
68. Separated into parts or pieces.
69. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
74. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
75. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
76. An artificial language related to Ido.
77. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
78. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
80. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
81. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
82. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
83. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
85. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
86. Something left after other parts have been taken away.
89. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
91. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
94. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
97. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.