1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. Short and fat.
9. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
13. Noisy talk.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Australian operatic soprano (1861-1931).
18. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
19. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
20. A steep descent of the water of a river.
22. Large brown aquatic larva of the dobsonfly.
24. Range of what one can know or understand.
25. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
26. Being ten more than eighty.
28. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
30. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
39. A light touch or stroke.
41. Shape anew or differently.
45. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
46. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
48. A man who serves as a sailor.
49. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
50. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
51. An associate degree in nursing.
52. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
53. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
54. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
56. Pain resulting from rapid change in pressure.
59. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
61. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
62. Used of mouth or eyes.
65. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
68. Distillery where wine is made.
69. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
70. Affect with wonder.
72. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
73. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
74. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
75. (plural) Rare collector's items.
79. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
80. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
81. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
90. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. The basic unit of money in Albania.
98. Indigo bush.
99. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
102. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
103. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
104. A small cake leavened with yeast.
105. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Cry plaintively.
3. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
4. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
5. A relativistic quantum theory of the electromagnetic interactions of photons and electrons and muons.
6. Genus of Eurasian spiny shrubs.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
11. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
12. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
13. Port city on southeastern Honshu in central Japan.
14. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
15. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
21. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
23. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
27. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
29. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
31. Avatar of Vishnu.
33. A genus of Malayan tree.
35. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
37. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
38. Someone who listens attentively.
40. Large and brightly colored handkerchief.
42. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
43. Devoted to a cause or party.
44. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
47. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
55. Black wine grape originally from the region of Bordeaux.
57. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
58. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
60. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
63. Having short a smooth or spirally ridged shell with thick usually toothed outer lip and toothed operculum.
64. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
66. Relating to or characteristic of alps.
67. A Hindu prince or king in India.
71. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
76. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings.
77. Relating to or resembling an ape.
78. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.
82. Jordan's port.
84. In bed.
85. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
86. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
87. American novelist (1909-1955).
88. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
89. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
91. Any thick messy substance.
92. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
93. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
95. The capital and largest city of Japan.
96. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.