1. A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
5. Deeply moved.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
16. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
17. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
18. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
19. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
20. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
21. A unit of pressure equal to 0.001316 atmosphere.
22. Sound of something in rapid motion.
23. The residue that remains when something is burned.
24. Short and fat.
26. Type genus of the Anatidae.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
33. Largest known toad species.
35. A descendent or heir.
39. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
46. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
48. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
53. A vigorous blow.
54. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
56. A Hindu prince or king in India.
58. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
59. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
65. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
66. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
67. Do without.
69. Not out.
72. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
74. English monk and scholar (672-735).
75. A major waterfall in southern Africa.
76. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
80. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
85. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
89. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
92. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
93. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
94. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
95. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
97. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
98. A primeval personification of air and breath.
99. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
100. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
101. An enclosed space.
1. Informal terms for clothing.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. A very light brown.
4. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
5. A groove or furrow (especially one in soft earth caused by wheels).
6. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
7. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
8. Large brightly crested bird of Africa.
9. Pertaining to the forward part of a vessel.
10. A Loloish language.
11. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
14. An open jar of glass or porcelain used as an ornament or to hold flowers.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. A decree that prohibits something.
27. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
29. Hardy evergreen dioecious shrubs and small trees from Japan.
32. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
34. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
36. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
37. An advanced student or graduate in medicine gaining supervised practical experience (`houseman' is a British term).
38. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
40. Disarrange or rumple.
41. Something transitory.
43. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
44. Indian tree having fragrant nocturnal white flowers and yielding a reddish wood used for planking.
45. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
47. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
49. (literary) Spirited horse for state or war.
52. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
55. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
57. Low tropical American shrub having powerful emetic properties.
60. A medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain.
61. Advanced in years.
62. Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water.
63. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
64. A growth in strength or number or importance.
68. Extremely dirty and corrupt.
70. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
71. Lacking motor coordination.
72. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
73. A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal.
77. Filled with a great quantity.
78. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
79. Obvious and dull.
81. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
82. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
83. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
84. Made of fir or pine.
86. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
87. The capital of Western Samoa.
88. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
90. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
91. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
96. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.