1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
8. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
12. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. A quantity of no importance.
18. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
19. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
20. The quantity that a bag will hold.
21. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
23. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
27. Separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument.
29. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
31. A large zodiacal constellation on the equator.
32. The inner and usually edible part of a seed or grain or nut or fruit stone.
33. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
36. A faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Hydra and Vela.
38. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
39. Fiddler crabs.
41. A member of the eastern branch of the Sioux.
43. An aromatic balsam.
47. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
49. (religion) Of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Anglican church.
51. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
53. A person forced to flee from home or country.
55. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
56. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
57. Ending in a sharp point.
60. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
62. In or of a state of physical or nervous tension.
64. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
65. A pure form of finely ground silica.
66. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
69. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
70. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
72. A state in north central United States.
73. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
77. An outstanding example of its kind.
80. Found along western Atlantic coast.
85. A mixer incorporating a coil of wires.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
92. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
93. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
94. Little known Kamarupan languages.
96. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
97. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
98. The amount a salary is increased.
99. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
4. Large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail.
5. Disabled in the feet or legs.
6. A public promotion of some product or service.
7. The branch of military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy.
8. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
9. Thin-shelled freshwater mussels.
10. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
11. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
12. The literary intelligentsia.
13. Of or relating to the former Indo-European people.
14. Form by carving.
15. Supporting yourself on your knees.
22. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
26. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
28. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
30. A voluptuously beautiful young woman.
34. A radical who advocates the abolition of political or economic or social inequalities.
35. Fallow deer.
37. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
40. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
42. Advance evidence for.
44. Hidden and difficult to see.
45. A tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction.
46. (of goods or funds) Not taxed.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
52. Having the head uncovered.
54. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
58. Perennial having hollow cylindrical leaves used for seasoning.
59. Any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted.
61. United States Protestant theologian (1892-1971).
63. Short and fat.
67. An enclosed space.
68. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
71. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
74. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
75. Small very thin pancake.
76. English physicist who studied electromagnetic radiation and was a pioneer of radiotelegraphy (1851-1940).
77. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
78. A grant made by a law court.
79. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
81. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
82. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
83. Type genus of the Anatidae.
84. By bad luck.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. God of love and erotic desire.
90. An accountant certified by the state.
91. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
95. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
96. A human limb.