1. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
4. Jordan's port.
9. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
13. Being ten more than one hundred fifty.
16. A resource.
17. Big-eyed scad.
18. A French abbot.
19. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
20. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
22. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
26. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. 1 species.
31. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. The wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany.
42. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
43. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
47. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
48. A unit of length equal to 1760 yards.
49. A genus of ducks.
53. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
54. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
57. Tag the base runner to get him out.
59. Send a signal by waving a flag or a light according to a certain code.
61. An act of gracious kindness.
62. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
65. An Eskimo hut.
67. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
68. United States film actor (born in Hungary) noted for portraying monsters (1884-1956).
70. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
71. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
72. (Roman mythology) God of love.
73. A river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay.
78. Characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.
80. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
82. Cruel or inhumane treatment.
85. The form of theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason without reference to revelation.
88. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
92. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
95. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
97. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
98. Prong on a fork or pitchfork.
99. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
101. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
102. God of the underworld.
103. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
104. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
106. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. Uttering in an irritated tone.
2. A motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
3. The content of cognition.
4. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
5. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
6. American dramatist (1928- ).
7. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
8. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
9. German chemist noted for the synthetic production of ammonia (1868-1934).
10. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
11. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
12. A loose cloak with a hood.
13. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
14. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
15. A Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ.
21. A granitic rock composed of quartz and mica.
25. Large European dormouse.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. The cry made by sheep.
32. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near the Southern Cross and Chamaeleon.
34. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
36. Tuberous or rhizomatous perennial herbs.
37. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
38. Grandson of Amaterasu and first ruler of Japan.
39. Agile long-tailed nocturnal African lemur with dense woolly fur and large eyes and ears.
40. Characterized by the interdependence of living organisms in an environment.
41. Irregularly slashed and jagged as if torn.
44. A ball of yarn or cord or thread.
45. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
46. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
51. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
52. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
58. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
60. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
63. Rank-smelling tropical American pigweed.
64. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
66. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
69. Wearing or provided with clothing.
74. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
75. South American cavy.
76. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
77. A licensed medical practitioner.
79. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
81. Leafless East Indian vine.
83. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
84. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
86. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
87. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. A quantity of no importance.
90. Armor plate that protects the chest.
91. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
93. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
94. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
96. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
97. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
100. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.