1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. Bite or chew on with the teeth.
9. A French abbot.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
17. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
18. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
19. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
20. (medicine) Chilly.
21. A microchip that uses tiny strands of DNA to latch onto and quickly recognize thousands of genes at a time.
24. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
25. Pastry made with a cream cheese dough and different fillings (as raisins and walnuts and cinnamon or chocolate and walnut and apricot preserves).
26. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
27. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
29. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
30. The act of delivering a blow with the foot.
31. A collection of things (goods or works of art etc.) for public display.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
40. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
43. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
45. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
46. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
47. South American palm yielding a wax similar to carnauba wax.
49. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
52. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
53. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
54. Any of several seeds that yield oil.
56. A state in New England.
57. The residue that remains when something is burned.
58. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
60. Leave voluntarily.
63. After noon.
64. An ester of carbamic acid.
65. A dicotyledonous genus of the family Ericaceae.
67. Having relatively few calories.
68. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
71. Unknown god.
72. A blind god.
73. An associate degree in nursing.
74. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
81. A state in midwestern United States.
83. An antidepressant drug that blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine.
85. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
87. A quantity of no importance.
91. A heathen (especially a Muslim).
95. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
96. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
97. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
99. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
100. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
101. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
102. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
103. A metal frame or container holding cartridges.
104. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
105. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
3. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
4. (Greek mythology) Fire-breathing she-monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail.
5. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
7. A river in northern Italy that flows southeast into the Adriatic Sea.
8. A man who courts a woman.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. A fragment of brick used as a weapon.
11. Small genus of shrubs and lianas and trees of Africa and Madagascar.
12. The square of a body of any size of type.
13. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
14. Offering fun and gaiety.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. Wearing or provided with clothing.
23. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
28. Being ten more than fifty.
32. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
33. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
35. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
37. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
38. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
39. An insignia worn to indicate years of service.
41. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968).
42. A band worn around the arm for decoration.
44. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
48. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
50. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
51. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
55. Showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
59. The craniometric point in the region of the sphenoid fontanelle.
61. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
62. The capital and largest city of Iran.
66. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
69. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
70. Being three more than sixty.
75. Used especially in treating bruises.
76. Wood duck and mandarin duck.
77. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
78. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
79. United States lawyer and politician who advocated free silver and prosecuted John Scopes (1925) for teaching evolution in a Tennessee high school (1860-1925).
80. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
82. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
84. An informal term for a father.
85. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
86. Absent without permission.
88. Largest known toad species.
89. Fallow deer.
90. The sixth month of the civil year.
92. Used of a single unit or thing.
93. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
94. Informal terms for the mouth.
98. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.