1. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
4. German arms manufacturer and son of Friedrich Krupp.
9. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
13. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
18. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
19. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
20. The capital and largest city of Japan.
22. Dishware consisting of a small cup for serving a boiled egg.
24. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
25. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
27. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
28. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
29. Having leadership guidance.
30. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
33. An infant that is born prior to 37 weeks of gestation.
36. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
38. (aeronautical) Pertaining to the tail section of a plane.
39. A language group of the Hokan family.
41. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
43. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
47. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
48. A hard blow with a flat object.
51. A manicurist who trims the fingernails.
52. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
54. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
55. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
56. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
58. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
62. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
63. A B vitamin essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
65. A dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
66. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
68. A member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built.
70. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
71. A pause or interruption (as in a conversation).
73. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
76. On or toward the lee.
77. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
78. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
80. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
83. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
85. Medium tall celery pine of New Zealand.
90. Capital of the state of Washington.
92. A bin that holds rubbish until it is collected.
93. A small piece of cloth.
94. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
95. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
97. A Spanish river.
98. A transuranic element.
99. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
100. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
101. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
102. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. The time during which someone's life continues.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. Iranian religious leader of the Shiites.
5. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
6. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
7. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
8. Especially one side of a leaf.
9. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
10. A distinct feature or element in a problem.
11. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
12. A releasing factor that accelerates the secretion of growth hormone by the anterior pituitary body.
13. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
14. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
15. Music composed for dancing the conga.
21. Tranquilizer (trade name Dalmane) used to treat insomnia.
23. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
26. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
31. Take in solid food.
32. Appeal or request earnestly.
34. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
35. A substitution of part of speech or gender or number or tense etc. (e.g., editorial `we' for `I').
37. The sound made by corvine birds.
40. A New England state.
42. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
44. Situated in front of the anus.
45. A native or inhabitant of Greece.
46. Sea catfishes.
49. A vast multitude.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. The first month of the year.
57. Ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts.
59. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
60. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
61. 10 grams.
64. Venus's girdle.
67. A soft whitish calcite.
69. Having hair on the cheeks and chin.
70. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
72. Relating to or near the radius.
74. The froth produced by soaps or detergents.
75. (law) A group of people summoned for jury service (from whom a jury will be chosen).
79. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
81. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
82. The eighth month of the civil year.
84. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
86. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
87. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
88. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
89. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
91. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
96. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.