1. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
4. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
9. English monk and scholar (672-735).
13. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
16. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
17. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
18. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
19. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
20. United States chemist who was one of the discoverers of plutonium (1912-1999).
22. Join the military.
24. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
25. A city in northern India.
26. Liable to sin.
29. A cigar made with light-colored tobacco.
31. Comprises tropical American species usually placed in genus Masdevallia.
33. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near the Southern Cross and Chamaeleon.
36. Of or relating to or designating narcotics.
39. An artificial language related to Ido.
41. (in Indian English) The number that is represented as a one followed by 7 zeros.
42. (sociology) The conventions that embody the fundamental values of a group.
43. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
46. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
47. Swedish theologian (1688-1772).
49. Stalk of a moss capsule.
50. African antelope with ridged curved horns.
52. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
53. Of an instrument of certain death.
55. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
56. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
58. Smallest merganser and most expert diver.
60. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
61. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
63. The fatty flesh of eel.
66. Small tree native to the eastern United States having oblong leaves and fleshy fruit.
68. A city in southeastern Spain.
70. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
71. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
73. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
75. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
76. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
77. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
82. The mother of your father or mother.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. Employed in accomplishing something.
89. Set down according to a plan.
90. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
93. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
95. (prefix) Within.
96. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
97. A lyric poet.
99. (British) Your grandmother.
100. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
101. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
102. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
104. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
1. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
2. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
3. Drought-tolerant herb grown for forage and for its seed which yield a gum used as a thickening agent or sizing material.
4. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
5. A morel whose fertile portion resembles a bell and is attached to the stipe only at the top.
6. A strong emotion.
7. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
8. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
9. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
10. A person who sins (without repenting).
11. Located in a dismal or remote area.
12. Take in solid food.
13. (Babylonian) God of fire.
14. Of or relating to or involving an area.
15. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
21. Formed like a bacillus.
23. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
27. Prevent from being seen or discovered.
28. Speak to someone.
30. A boy or man.
32. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
34. (statistics) Having a single mode.
35. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
37. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
38. Evergreen mat-forming shrub of North America and northern Eurasia having small white flowers and red berries.
40. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Missouri in the valleys of the Missouri and Osage rivers.
43. Hear or try a court case anew.
44. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
45. An act of honor or courteous recognition.
48. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
51. On the side away from the wind.
54. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
57. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
59. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
62. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
64. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
65. Spot, stain, or pollute.
67. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
68. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
69. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
72. One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization).
74. A New England state.
78. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
79. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
80. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
81. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
83. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
84. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
85. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
87. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
91. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
92. Inquire about.
94. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. A public promotion of some product or service.