1. Gone by.
4. A city in central New York.
9. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
13. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
16. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
17. Relating to or accompanying birth.
18. A French abbot.
19. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture.
23. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
25. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
27. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
29. Sorghums of dry regions of Asia and North Africa.
30. In no manner.
32. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
34. Lengthen in time.
37. Consisting of or resembling mother-of-pearl.
42. A reddish-brown chloride of heme.
43. A city in western Germany.
46. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
47. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
50. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
51. A Russian river.
52. Irish writer and wit (1854-1900).
55. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
57. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
59. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
60. Pale beer with strong flavor of hops.
63. In or of the present month.
65. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
66. A lustrous gray strong metallic element resembling titanium.
67. Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
69. Being nine more than forty.
70. Wild geese.
74. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. A member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India.
83. A lightweight triangular scarf worn by a woman.
85. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
87. The cook on a ranch or at a camp.
88. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
89. Covered with paving material.
93. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
94. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
95. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
97. Money in the form of bills or coins.
98. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
99. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
100. A town in north central Oklahoma.
101. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
1. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
2. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
3. Toward the mouth or oral region.
4. An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead.
5. National capital of Kiribati.
6. Characterized by slanting characters.
7. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
8. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
9. The site of three famous battles among Greek city-states.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
12. Having been read.
13. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
14. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
15. Tropical Asian starlings.
22. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
24. Establish something as being earlier relative to something else.
26. The innermost membrane of an organ (especially the inner lining of an artery or vein or lymphatic vessel).
28. The act of scanning.
31. A criminal who takes property belonging to someone else with the intention of keeping it or selling it.
33. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
35. Tending or intended to rectify or improve.
36. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
38. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
39. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
40. Of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people.
41. Of or relating to or like or in the manner of the Roman Seneca.
44. An honorary degree in science.
45. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
48. A festival featuring African-American culture.
49. A fire-breathing dragon used in medieval heraldry.
53. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
54. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
56. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
58. Channel into a new direction.
61. 16 ounces.
62. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
64. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
68. The largest of the Balearic Islands.
69. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
71. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
72. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
73. In bed.
75. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
76. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
78. Lower in esteem.
80. Having a pair of equal and opposite charges.
81. An edict of the Russian tsar.
82. Reed maces.
84. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
86. A primeval personification of air and breath.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
91. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
92. Late time of life.
96. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.