1. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
5. A caress with the lips.
9. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
17. A position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable.
18. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
19. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
20. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
21. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
22. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
24. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A small horizontal rope between the shrouds of a sailing ship.
28. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. God of fire.
34. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
35. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
39. Speak unfavorably about.
40. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
43. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
44. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
46. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians living in southern Alaska.
47. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
49. Dwell (archaic).
53. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
54. A receiver that displays television images.
57. A loud harsh or strident noise.
58. Type genus of family Ulmaceae.
59. English composer (1902-1983).
60. Affect with wonder.
62. A Mid-Atlantic state.
63. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
64. Sea catfishes.
66. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
67. Instructed and encouraged in moral, intellectual, and spiritual improvement.
70. A master's degree in fine arts.
71. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
73. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
74. Of or relating to or containing barium.
76. Country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the isthmus of Kra to the Malay peninsula.
79. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
81. Insectivorous usually semiaquatic web-footed amphibian with smooth moist skin and long hind legs.
84. A city in Lombardy on the Po River.
85. A small volcanic island in Indonesia between Java and Sumatra.
87. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
89. A straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions.
90. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
91. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
93. Type genus of the Ranidae.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
96. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
97. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
98. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
99. (British) Your grandmother.
1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
2. On or toward the lee.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Freetail bats.
5. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
6. A cephalosporin antibiotic (trade name Ultracef).
7. A musical composition of 3 or 4 movements of contrasting forms.
8. Any of various plants of the genus Limonium of temperate salt marshes having spikes of whit or mauve flowers.
9. The capital and largest city of Greece.
10. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
11. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
12. English philologist (1835-1912).
13. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
14. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
15. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
23. A port city in northeastern Sicily on the Strait of Messina.
27. Large European dormouse.
29. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
30. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
32. Made of packed earth or gravel.
33. Gasoline jelled with aluminum soaps.
36. An Asian temple.
37. Give life-like qualities to.
38. A theatrical performance held during the daytime (especially in the afternoon).
41. A genus of Sterninae.
42. A Nilotic language.
45. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
48. Of or relating to a normal cyst (as the gallbladder or urinary bladder).
50. East Indian evergreen tree bearing very acid fruit.
51. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
52. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
55. (Scandinavian) Dried cod soaked in a lye solution before boiling to give it a gelatinous consistency.
56. (informal) A bunch.
61. An unwholesome atmosphere.
65. (of exocrine glands) Producing a clear aqueous secretion without releasing part of the secreting cell.
66. English philologist (1835-1912).
68. African antelope with ridged curved horns.
69. Conspicuously and tastelessly indecent.
72. Any of several toxic or carcinogenic hydrocarbons that occur as impurities in herbicides.
75. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
77. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
78. American Revolutionary leader from Virginia whose objections led to the drafting of the Bill of Rights (1725-1792).
80. A small amount of residue.
82. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
83. A word that can be used to refer to a person or place or thing.
86. The residue that remains when something is burned.
88. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
92. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
94. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.