1. Informal terms for a mother.
4. A sea nymph (part woman and part bird) supposed to lure sailors to destruction on the rocks where the nymphs lived.
9. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
13. How long something has existed.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. The ending of a series or sequence.
18. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
19. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
20. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
21. Strong feelings of dislike v 1.
23. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
25. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
27. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
29. The sixth month of the civil year.
30. Having narrow opening filled.
31. Without moral standards or principles.
33. A member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila.
37. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves).
44. Denuded of leaves.
45. Fruit of the oak tree.
48. Any of various floor-like platforms built into a vessel.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
50. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
52. A doctor who practices veterinary medicine.
53. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
58. The part of a coal seam that is being cut.
62. A collection of excerpts from a literary work.
64. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
65. A protective covering that protects the outside of a building.
67. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
68. Clothing for the head.
70. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
71. Offering fun and gaiety.
72. Prepare for a military confrontation.
74. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
82. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
86. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
90. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
94. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
95. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
96. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
97. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
98. A city in central Alabama on the Alabama river.
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
1. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
2. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
3. A Bantu language.
4. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
5. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
6. Make one's home or live in.
7. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
8. An island republic on Nauru Island.
9. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
12. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
15. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
22. (legend) Chalice used by Christ at the last supper.
24. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
26. Release, as of emotions.
28. A large number or amount.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. Small free-swimming tunicates.
35. Denoting or characteristic of the biogeographic region including southern Asia and the Malay Archipelago as far as the Philippines and Borneo and Java.
36. Type genus of the Gentianaceae.
38. The simplest ketone.
39. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
40. Not out.
41. Being one more than one hundred.
42. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
43. Enthusiastic approval.
46. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
47. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
51. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
54. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
55. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
56. Being nine more than forty.
57. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
59. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
60. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
61. Wearing or provided with clothing.
63. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
69. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
73. God of wealth and love.
75. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
77. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
78. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
79. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
80. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
81. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
82. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
83. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service.
84. God of death.
85. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
87. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
88. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
89. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
91. A light touch or stroke.