1. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
4. A native American tent.
8. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
12. Used of physical coldness.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
18. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
20. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
21. Relating to or characteristic of Arabs.
22. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
24. Terrestrial or epilithic ferns of tropical rain forests.
27. Not necessary.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
30. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
37. A person of exceptional importance and reputation.
41. Inflammation of the ear.
44. A Finnish steam bath.
45. Any of several low-growing pines of western North America.
49. A metal frame or container holding cartridges.
50. The ending of a series or sequence.
51. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
52. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
53. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
55. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
56. A long-playing phonograph record.
60. A deep bow.
63. The capital of Morocco.
65. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
66. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
67. Divulge information or secrets.
69. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
70. A state in midwestern United States.
71. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
72. A midwestern state in central United States.
75. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
77. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
79. Everything that exists anywhere.
80. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. Remote and separate physically or socially.
84. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
88. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
91. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
93. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
95. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
96. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
98. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
99. The 26th letter of the Roman alphabet.
100. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
101. A drama set to music.
102. A small cake leavened with yeast.
103. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
2. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
3. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
4. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
5. The eighth month of the civil year.
6. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
7. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
8. A unit of pressure.
9. Bring an accusation against.
10. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
11. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
12. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
13. Toward the mouth or oral region.
14. Having relatively few calories.
15. A notable achievement.
23. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
25. Large dark-colored food fish of the Atlantic coast of North America.
26. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
31. A railroad depot in a theater of operations where military supplies are unloaded for distribution.
32. Any plant of the genus Erica.
34. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
36. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
38. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
39. Taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct animals.
40. French general who became Emperor of the French (1769-1821).
42. A large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it.
43. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. Adorned by inlays.
48. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
54. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
57. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
58. Inquire about.
59. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
61. Become imbued.
62. A town in central Belgium.
64. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
68. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
69. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
73. Covered with scabs.
74. (Babylonian and Assyrian) Goddess of love and fertility and war.
76. Informal terms for a mother.
78. Relating to the Lamaze method of childbirth.
81. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
83. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
85. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
88. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
89. The content of cognition.
90. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
92. A period of time spent sleeping.
94. A light touch or stroke.
97. Conforming to truth.