1. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
4. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
9. A slender double-reed instrument.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
17. Made the first orbital rocket-powered flight by a United States astronaut in 1962.
18. The 4th planet from the sun.
19. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
20. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
22. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
23. A French abbot.
24. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
25. Enthusiastic approval.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. Small lynx of North America.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
34. God of the Underworld.
38. The place where people vote.
41. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
43. Migratory American songbird.
47. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
48. A strong positive emotion of regard and affection.
50. (euphemistic) "he is deceased".
51. A compact mass.
53. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
55. Before noon.
56. Massive powerful herbivorous odd-toed ungulate of southeast Asia and Africa having very thick skin and one or two horns on the snout.
57. King of Sweden whose victories in battle made Sweden a European power.
63. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
64. Marked by casual disrespect.
65. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
67. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
69. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
70. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
71. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
74. A diacritical mark (-) placed above a vowel to indicate a long sound.
77. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
80. The cry made by sheep.
81. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
84. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
88. A small island.
91. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
93. An indication of approved or superior status.
95. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
96. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
99. The longest division of geological time.
100. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
101. Transient cessation of respiration.
102. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
103. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
1. The brightest star in Cygnus.
2. Athenian lawmaker whose code of laws prescribed death for almost every offense (circa 7th century BC).
3. Felt hat with a creased crown.
4. One thousand grams.
5. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. Black tropical American cuckoo.
8. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
10. A small cake leavened with yeast.
11. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
12. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
13. (in various religions) The world of the dead.
14. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
15. A unit of perceived loudness equal to the loudness of a 1000-hertz tone at 40 dB above threshold.
21. The face or front of a building.
26. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
28. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
29. A European corvine bird of small or medium size with red legs and glossy black plumage.
31. Late-occurring (especially with reference to symptoms of a disease).
33. A member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners.
35. Cast again, in a different role.
36. A European river.
37. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
39. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
40. Formed or situated or occurring beneath th ocean or the ocean bed.
42. A building having a circular plan and a dome.
44. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
45. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
46. A doctor's degree in religion.
49. A person holding a fief.
52. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
58. Having a top of a specified character.
59. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
60. A transuranic element.
61. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
62. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
66. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
68. A festival featuring African-American culture.
72. A short sleep (usually not in bed).
73. A step in walking or running.
75. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
76. Commercially important fish of the North American Pacific coast.
79. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
82. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
83. An elaborate song for solo voice.
85. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
87. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
90. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
92. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
98. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.