1. 10 grams.
4. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
9. The compass point that is one point east of southeast.
13. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
18. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
19. The facility where wild animals are housed for exhibition.
20. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
22. Relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen.
25. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
26. Tastelessly showy.
27. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
28. Enthusiastic approval.
30. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
32. Minute two-winged insect that sucks the blood of mammals and birds and other insects.
34. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
36. Disabled in the feet or legs.
39. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
42. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
44. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
45. A musical composition of several movements only loosely connected.
49. Any plant of the genus Erica.
51. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. A Spanish river.
56. Large Chinese deer surviving only in domesticated herds.
58. Late time of life.
59. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
60. A master's degree in business.
61. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. (informal) Exceptionally good.
65. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
68. The activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose.
69. River in eastern Asia.
70. Of or relating to or resembling the eye.
73. Willing to face danger.
74. A state in midwestern United States.
77. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
78. A festival featuring African-American culture.
82. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
85. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
89. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
90. A midday meal.
93. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
95. Tropical Asian starlings.
96. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
97. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
99. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
100. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
101. Type genus of the Ranidae.
102. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
103. A unit of pressure.
1. Fallow deer.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. A town in Italy in southwestern Sicily near the coast.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
6. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
7. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
8. Spring-loaded doorlock that can only be opened from the outside with a key.
9. Land tenure by agricultural service or payment of rent.
10. Cause to grow thin or weak.
11. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
12. Half the width of an em.
13. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
14. A person who evokes boredom.
15. A transmission line for high-frequency signals.
21. White or light-colored crested parrot of the Australian region.
23. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
24. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
29. A formation of people or things one beside another.
33. The capital and largest city of Burundi.
35. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
37. A phrase or pronunciation that is peculiar to a particular locality.
38. Antihypertensive drug (trade names Trandate and Normodyne) that blocks alpha and beta-adrenergic receptors of the sympathetic nervous system (leading to a decrease in blood pressure).
40. A neutral middle vowel.
41. Cloak that is folded or wrapped around a person.
43. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
46. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
47. A Loloish language.
48. Large elongated compressed food fish of European Atlantic waters.
50. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. Bar temporarily.
55. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
57. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
62. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
64. Of or relating to or characteristic of Guinea or its inhabitants.
65. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
66. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
67. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
71. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
72. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
75. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
76. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
79. English writer (1925-1994).
80. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
81. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
83. Type genus of the Anatidae.
84. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
86. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
87. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
88. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
91. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
92. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
94. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.