1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
9. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
13. Situated at the top or highest position.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A formal expression of praise.
18. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
19. Make amends for.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Brazilian tree with handsomely marked wood.
23. Having a bib.
25. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
27. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
29. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
31. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
33. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
38. Of or relating to or containing cerium especially with valence 4.
39. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
43. A city in northern India.
44. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
47. 10 grams.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
55. Being susceptible to persuasion.
57. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
59. Fringed or adorned with tassels.
60. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
62. An established ceremony prescribed by a religion.
63. A republic in northeastern Africa known as the United Arab Republic until 1971.
66. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
69. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
74. Achieved or reached.
79. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
84. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
85. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
87. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
89. Either extremity of something that has length.
90. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
91. A Russian river.
93. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
94. The capital and largest city of Japan.
95. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
96. Divisible by two.
97. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
7. Denuded of leaves.
8. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
9. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. A thief who steals from someone by threatening violence.
12. Soft creamy white cheese.
13. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
14. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
15. A major victory by the Romans over the Macedonians in 168 BC.
22. Top part of an apron.
24. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. The content of cognition.
30. The cry made by sheep.
32. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
35. A river in central Brazil that flows generally northward (with many falls) to join the Tocantins River.
37. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
40. Struck with fear, dread, or consternation.
41. Characterized by speed.
42. The radical -NO2 or any compound containing it (such as a salt or ester of nitrous acid).
44. A quick look.
45. Elude, esp. in a baffling way.
46. Medium-sized penguins occurring in large colonies on the Adelie coast of Antarctica.
48. Report or maintain.
49. Largest known toad species.
51. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
52. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
53. An impression in a surface (as made by a blow).
56. That is to say.
61. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
64. Type genus of the family Paguridae.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
68. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
70. Small genus of succulent annual herbs found on sandy shores of North America and Europe.
71. A colorless odorless gas used as fuel.
72. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
73. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
74. Being nine more than forty.
75. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
76. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
77. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
78. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
80. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
81. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
82. An Asian river between China and Russia.
83. Unknown god.
86. An enclosed space.
88. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
92. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.