1. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
4. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
9. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
13. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
16. Term of address for a man.
17. A means of serving.
18. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
19. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
20. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
22. Sour or bitter in taste.
24. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
25. Silkworm moths.
26. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
29. The cry made by sheep.
30. Small bushy deciduous tree native to Asia and North Africa having pretty pink blossoms and highly prized edible nuts enclosed in a hard green hull.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A state in midwestern United States.
35. To or from every one of two or more (considered individually).
42. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
44. Half the width of an em.
45. A member of a North American Indian people of central Arizona.
48. Avatar of Vishnu.
49. English essayist and literary critic (1778-1830).
52. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. 16 ounces.
54. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
55. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
56. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
57. A workman who laces shoes or footballs or books (during binding).
59. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
60. Someone to whom a legacy is bequeathed.
64. (Irish) The sea personified.
65. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
66. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. Of or relating to or involving an area.
70. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
73. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
74. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
78. Posing no difficulty.
80. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. Russian pancake of buckwheat flour and yeast.
86. Before noon.
90. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
91. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
92. Best of its kind on record.
94. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
95. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
99. The basic unit of money in Iran.
100. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
101. A city in western Switzerland.
102. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
2. East Indian silk cotton tree yielding fibers inferior to kapok.
3. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
4. Italian violinist (1782-1840).
5. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
6. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
7. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
8. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
9. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
10. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
11. Tag the base runner to get him out.
12. The fifth day of the week.
13. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
14. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
15. An informal term for a father.
21. Type and sole genus of the family Leiopelmatidae.
23. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
27. The content of cognition.
28. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
31. A Mid-Atlantic state.
34. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
36. Goddess of love and beauty and daughter of Zeus in ancient mythology.
37. An ancient region of western Europe that included northern Italy and France and Belgium and part of Germany and the Netherlands.
38. A slender and greatly elongated solid substance.
39. A genus of Caltha.
40. Type genus of the Ameiuridae.
41. A monastery for lamas.
43. A Brazilian river.
46. A state in the eastern United States.
47. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
50. The capital of Croatia.
51. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
58. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
61. A winged sandal (as worn by Hermes in Graeco-Roman art).
62. An accountant certified by the state.
63. Any competition.
69. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
70. Italian violinist (1782-1840).
71. United States writer and social critic (1817-1862).
72. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
75. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
76. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
77. A port city in southwestern Iran.
78. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. Filled with fear or apprehension.
83. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
84. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
85. A book of the New Testament.
87. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
88. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
89. With no effort to conceal.
93. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
96. Unknown god.
97. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
98. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.