1. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
4. A book of the New Testament.
8. The capital of Western Samoa.
12. A master's degree in library science.
16. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
17. A blemish made by dirt.
18. An instinctive motive.
19. A group of countries in special alliance.
20. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
21. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
22. (informal) Someone whose style is out of fashion.
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
24. River in eastern Asia.
26. A large bonnet that shades the face.
28. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
30. An onerous or difficult concern.
32. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Indistinct or hazy in outline.
36. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
39. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
43. Having help.
47. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
48. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
50. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
51. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
52. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
54. Treated with oil.
57. The residue that remains when something is burned.
59. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
62. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
64. Antihypertensive consisting of an alkaloid extracted from the plant Rauwolfia serpentina (trade names Raudixin or Rau-Sed or Sandril or Serpasil).
66. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
68. Small deer of Japan with slightly forked antlers.
69. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
71. English poet who wrote an allegorical romance celebrating Elizabeth I in the Spenserian stanza (1552-1599).
73. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
74. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
77. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
78. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
83. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
87. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
90. Sightlessness (especially because of a structural defect in or the absence of an eye).
92. A city in the European part of Russia.
93. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
94. A Dravidian language spoken by the Gond people in south central India.
96. A beautiful and graceful girl.
97. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
98. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
99. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
100. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
101. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. Castrate, used with animals.
2. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
3. Make less visible or unclear.
4. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
5. (informal) Elegant and fashionable.
6. Cheeselike food made of curdled soybean milk.
7. A support or foundation.
8. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
9. (computer science) Rules determining the format and transmission of data.
10. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
11. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
12. Capital of Swaziland.
13. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
14. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
15. A fraudulent business scheme.
25. Unwind from or as if from a reel.
27. Telephone set with the mouthpiece and earpiece mounted on a single handle.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. Goddess of fate.
35. The period during which something is functional (as between birth and death).
37. Being nine more than ninety.
38. A Loloish language.
40. A disorder of the glands of the body.
41. Like a baby especially in dependence.
42. Bearing or consisting of or resembling umbels.
44. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
45. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
46. An informal term for a father.
49. At or to or toward the front.
53. The sacred city of Lamaism.
55. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
56. United States abstract expressionist artist (1908-1984).
58. Small genus of South American trees yielding latex.
60. A unit of pressure.
61. A person forced to flee from home or country.
63. A motley assortment of things.
65. Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used.
67. A female bartender.
68. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
70. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
72. Antiarrhythmic drug (trade name Enkaid) used to treat life-threatening arrhythmias but increases the risk of sudden death in heart attack patients.
75. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
76. Type genus of the Elopidae.
79. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
80. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
81. The noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine).
82. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
84. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
85. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
86. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
88. Gone by.
89. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
91. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
95. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.