1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. The 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
9. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
13. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
16. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
17. Supporting yourself on your knees.
18. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
19. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
20. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
22. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
23. The atmosphere above a nation and deemed to be under its jurisdiction.
25. A French abbot.
26. A climber of vertical rock faces.
28. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
29. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
31. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
33. `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially Roman or Orthodox Catholic).
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
40. French philosopher remembered as the founder of positivism.
44. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
49. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
51. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
52. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
53. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
54. Resembling a twig.
56. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
57. Cuban socialist leader who overthrew a dictator in 1959 and established a socialist state in Cuba (born in 1927).
59. A state in New England.
60. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
62. Black tropical American cuckoo.
63. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
64. The cavity in which the large intestine begins and into which the ileum opens.
66. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
68. Common Indian weaverbird.
72. Lacking motor coordination.
74. A small cake leavened with yeast.
76. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
78. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
79. Of or involving dispute or controversy.
83. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
85. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
86. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
87. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
89. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
92. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
93. Give an education to.
95. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
96. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
98. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
100. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
101. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
102. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
103. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
104. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
1. Informal terms for a mother.
2. Implement consisting of a small piece of cotton that is used to apply medication or cleanse a wound or obtain a specimen of a secretion.
3. An indistinct shapeless form.
4. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
5. An associate degree in nursing.
6. Dearly loved.
7. A colorless flammable liquid alkane derived from petroleum and used as a solvent.
8. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
9. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
10. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
11. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
12. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
13. Small tropical shrubby tree bearing small yellowish fruit.
14. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
15. English monk and scholar (672-735).
21. Having deserted a cause or principle.
24. Loose-fitting nightclothes worn for sleeping or lounging.
27. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
35. French composer who is said to have created impressionism in music (1862-1918).
36. An imperfection in a device or machine.
39. Of or being the lowest female voice.
41. A member of a North American Indian people living east of the Sacramento river in California.
42. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
43. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
45. Constituting the undiminished entirety.
46. The nail at the end of a toe.
47. Granular preparation of cassava starch used to thicken especially puddings.
55. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
58. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
61. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
65. Belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease.
67. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
69. French philosopher and theologian.
70. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
71. King of Scotland (died in 1057).
72. A colorless flammable liquid alkane derived from petroleum and used as a solvent.
73. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
74. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
75. Before noon.
77. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
80. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
81. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
82. Short and fat.
84. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
88. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
90. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
91. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
94. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
97. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
99. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.